Ribbo
      Bronze
      I prefer Après-ski :f_biggrin:
    • Millamber
      Millamber
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      I prefer Après-ski :f_biggrin:
      :f_biggrin: it is part of skiing :-) and do u prefere it after which skiing? or u just skip all kind of skiing and go streight drinking?
    • Ricasmth
      Ricasmth
      Bronze
      Hi

I dont think than one contry or another is good or bad for skiing. Its mostly depend from resort and what you want or prefer in skiing. If you like offpiste skiing i can recomend wistler in Canada. Wery nice place a lot of variuos piste and offpiste (last winter olympic games was here).

ricasmth
    • Millamber
      Millamber
      Bronze
      Hi Ricasmth

to be honeste I've never been to canada for skiing, but I've heard about it just good and really want to go there, I've heard, that there are not to much people on the pistes, is it true? I know just europien pistes and they're crowded, so it can make u disgusted. But thx for opinion and thinking
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Millamber
      What do u prefere? XC skiing or downhill? and why? what country is (in your opinion) the best for skiing.
      I am now skiing for 20 years:

downhill >>> XC skiing

XC is definitely nice if you want to train your body. However skiing down a slope with fresh powder is one of the best things you can do in your life.
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      I love skiing so much im hitting the Alps at the begining of December Corchevel cant wait, I have only been once before but it was one of the best holidays I have ever had, any of you guys skiing soon?

X C is too slow gotta have the speed of downhill :P
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      However skiing down a slope with fresh powder is one of the best things you can do in your life.
      Hannes has never met a woman imo. :f_biggrin:
    • Lim00n
      Lim00n
      Bronze
      Downhill , does anyone still do Cross Country Skiing? It seems kinda boring...Biathlon, now that's something that might be fun :) . Btw, even with said "downhill" skiing you have many variations and styles, while with cross country there's just the classic/skate skiing. Or did you perhaps mean downhill and xc skiing in the sense of classic "down the slope" skiing (alpine) vs. freeriding (skiing down unmaintained slopes, being dropped off by a helicopter and such :) .

The best country for skiing (for me at least - since it's close) is Austria :)
    • Kireto
      Kireto
      Bronze
      Ribbo Rocksss :)

Come to Bulgaria for skiing(party). Its not expensive and girls r pretty :)

PM me for details :) )

off - Slovenian friends, how r the slopes in ur country?
    • Lim00n
      Lim00n
      Bronze
      Slovenia's skiing slopes are decent but all pretty short.. 30-40km worth of runways tops. I like most of them for 1 day skiing but i can't imagine spending 1 week skiing on the same slope here :) . Mybe if i stayed in Kranjska Gora and traveled to nearby Italian/Austrian slopes aswell (Nassfeld, Treviso, Gerlizen, Obertauern (ok this is not really near :) )).
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lim00n
      Slovenia's skiing slopes are decent but all pretty short.. 30-40km worth of runways tops. I like most of them for 1 day skiing but i can't imagine spending 1 week skiing on the same slope here :) . Mybe if i stayed in Kranjska Gora and traveled to nearby Italian/Austrian slopes aswell (Nassfeld, Treviso, Gerlizen, Obertauern (ok this is not really near :) )).
      Kranjska Gora is one of the most beautiful place I've ever been
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Posting from Grand Massif France, currently on day 4 of a 6 day ski trip. Downhill > xc IMO, but I can see the appeal of both. Saw a guy telemark skiing, walking directly up a black slope earlier, just seemed like way to hard work rofl.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kireto
      Ribbo Rocksss :)

Come to Bulgaria for skiing(party). Its not expensive and girls r pretty :)

PM me for details :) )

off - Slovenian friends, how r the slopes in ur country?
      Kanin is also nice, also has powder and has recently extended their offer - now you can ski on italian's side of it too (they have better ski lifts + better tracks)
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      borovitz bulgaria was ok