This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 20 Sh AA Sb

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Hi. Villain stats 23/19 3bet 10 AF 4 but only 57 hands of his history.. My thoughts: 3bet little more pre flop to something like 1.70. Villains calling range i think is 77-JJ I doubt he would call with suited connectors in a pot where shortstacker is. So I think he hit his set pretty often here but I think it's really too weak check/fold turn. What line is better to take bet/fold check/call? Don't think we consider bet/call here ?( very confusing thanks for the help!
      Hero (SB) ($20.63)
      BB ($80.43)
      UTG ($10.04)
      MP ($28.35)
      CO ($6.51)
      Button ($8.72)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      2 folds, CO bets $0.45, 1 fold, Hero raises $1.45, BB calls $1.35, CO calls $1.10

Flop: ($4.65) 10, 9, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, BB calls $2.80, 1 fold

Turn: ($10.25) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.80, Hero calls $4.80

River: ($19.85) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $13.20, Hero folds

Total pot: $19.85
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Villain does cold call a 3bet OOP. This makes me think that his holding is heavily weighted towards medium size PPs (99-QQ possibly). He could also have some AK in there.

After he calls the flop cbet with a shortstack left to act he is sitting on a made hand (JJ and QQ still possible). The turn brings the J and I think at this point we are behind more often than not. I don't think ck/folding is a bad move.
      There are 6 combos of QQ and 9 of sets however QQ, most likely, doesn't always flat preflop.

I could see a bet-fold strategy on turn work if your opponent is straight forward and always raises sets there and calls the rest (in this case the QQ).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 23/19 I´m never really getting away there AA
      I think you were going to bet/shove flop, so I don´t relaly see now why you should c/f J turn. You´re beat sometimes, but he can also hold there QQ/KK, maybe 88. Either way if I´m checking turn I´m going to c/rai rather than c/c, since I loose money from worse hands that would check back river or going to get stacked sometimes by better hands