NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.86)
      BB ($2.87)
      UTG ($10.28)
      UTG+1 ($4.75)
      Hero ($9.17)
      BTN ($3.94)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: K:diamond:

UTG calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.28, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.23, UTG+1 calls $0.23

FLOP ($0.92) 9:spade: J:heart: 2:spade:

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($2.12) 9:spade: J:heart: 2:spade: 8:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.49, UTG raises to $2.98, Hero calls $1.49

RIVER ($8.08) 9:spade: J:heart: 2:spade: 8:club: J:club:

UTG bets $6.42 (AI), Hero calls $5.31 (AI)

Stats on villain: 35/10/1.7/181 VPIP/PFR/AF/hands

Notable was low fold to cbet 43% and high c/r flop 18% and turn 50% (4hands).

Preflop is easy isolation against 2 limpers. Flop valuebet 2/3psb. Turn is kinda ugly but I don't want to check behind even though we're deep so I bet for value and protection against draws. The c/minraise here I feel a little bit lost. I wanted to fold but the odds are so good and chances are villain does this with many draw type hands having seen him c/r multiple times before on the turn.

Should I shove or just call or even find a fold? River villain just snapshoved which was kinda weird since the board also paired now and he should've c/r set on the flop with his high c/r %.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I would really consider giving up to the Check/Raise on turn, unless I have very good reads, I just put myself into hard spot on river when he decides to shove as it happened. What's his Check/Raise turn then, if you are saying he has done it several times? Very often such a minraise or such move indicates to a very strong hand and I would very often fold there without any good reads or stats.

Best regards.
    • mordath
      mordath
      Bronze
      He c/r very frequently on the flop 18% and on the turn he did it 50% but that's only in a sample size of 4 hands in that spot.

He c/r sets on the flop not on the turn and also he frequently minraises peoples cbets as well.

Normally I would fold the turn but I was unsure against this opponent. I just think the timing snap shove on the river is a bit weird as well and I think my hand improved on the river against villains range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by mordath
      He c/r very frequently on the flop 18% and on the turn he did it 50% but that's only in a sample size of 4 hands in that spot.

He c/r sets on the flop not on the turn and also he frequently minraises peoples cbets as well.

Normally I would fold the turn but I was unsure against this opponent. I just think the timing snap shove on the river is a bit weird as well and I think my hand improved on the river against villains range.
      Yep, the samplesize of the c/r is a bit too smallish for taking stats into consideration. But at least it tells ya something and also you had the chance to see his hand when you Called him, hopefully you made a note. :f_cool:

But ye, I usually play myself against such aggressors for example if I am OOP, I do Check/Raise the turn myself but in this situation for example if you knew that he is playing you around and he has done it several times, I would just shove over his raise and do not let him improve on river or something similar, he might still Call you with some kind of draw or something similar. If you are planning to Call the turn then ye, you have to Call the river also.

So what did he have? :f_o:
    • mordath
      mordath
      Bronze
      He had KTo with the missed SD so I should've shoved the turn instead I guess.

He tilted after that and 4b shoved AJo vs my AK 3b some hands afterwards so that was pretty profitable. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by mordath
      He had KTo with the missed SD so I should've shoved the turn instead I guess.

He tilted after that and 4b shoved AJo vs my AK 3b some hands afterwards so that was pretty profitable. :D
      LoL, easy money, ship it. :f_biggrin: I like to play against such fish. :) But ye, as I mentioned ealier against such opponents get your money in on turn.