[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 2pair vs aggresion

• OZSA
      dont ask why i limped, sometimes I do it, and i was too early pos. to iso this, didnt wanted to see a 3bet, pretty loose guys were after me. flop i call to see no raise from co or bb, turn raise i knew its a big hand, str8 or ak but i had to call for the flush. river i fold coz i know im weak. CO was pretty tight, he had AK, UTG had a weak JT. would you play this different (beside preflop iso)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($21.30)
      Hero (MP1) ($14.62)
      MP2 ($17.21)
      MP3 ($3.30)
      CO ($4.48)
      Button ($4)
      SB ($12.27)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($10.17)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, 7
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.55) 10, K, 7 (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.75) A (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.50, Hero calls $1

River: ($6.25) 9 (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.58 (All-In), UTG calls $2.58, Hero folds

Total pot: $11.41 | Rake: $0.76
  • 2 replies
    • mordath
      I would probably just fold preflop if it's like you say loose/aggressive players behind that are liable to raise/3b your isolation. If you want to limp behind I prefer being CO/BTN so you can play a speculative hand in position.

On the flop even though it's 5 players and a limped pot we hit pair+nutFD I think I would still play it aggressively bet/raise and try to get it in since there's also some dead money in the pot already and try to thin out the amount of players in the pot and also making the players with worse draws pay.
    • veriz

Preflop: As earlier mentioned, limping from such positon is damn hard because you can get so often isolated there and you would put yourself into difficult situation, I would considering folding the hand and wait for a better spot. Sometimes I play a bit more aggressive and even capable of isolating such a hand.

As played
      Flop: As you played the hand passively preflop then I don't mind going for pot control, also we are kinda deep.
      Turn: I wouldn't make such a small bet here, I would do it a bit bigger, ~$1.4 but as played I am definitely taking the odds and Calling there and hoping for a hit on river.
      River: Totally fine to fold here, I except very often to be behind as long UTG also Called.

Best regards.