How to be an Aggressive Player?

• sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      What does a good aggressive player do, excluding a maniac?
      For example i play very tight in sng's and tourney and it seems to help so far in micro stakes, 10c, 1$.

But in cash games, today i played with my left over money on Pokerstars in micro fixed limit. So i didnt care as much and played a little more loose, i was willing to call a bigger range of hands, hit and then bet hard. It seemed to work well because i stacked some player and was in control. Smallest stakes, bought in for 40 cents and left with 1.20. Was i doing something right or was it just a fluke?

If it wasnt a fluke, and its a strategy then i think ill pursue it instead of super tight. Which is i only bet when i have something top pair+ with almost premium hand ranges.

Btw, dont rip on me, im still a noooooob, i dont think im good.

EDIT: Full Tilt Capital is in profit as of now.
  • 7 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      well the best poker strategy is tight and aggressive so you should always be aggressive you think you can get some $$$ in a hand, playing cash games you should be for aggressive because if you lose a stack you can buy back in, you just need courage to make the calls,bets and bluffs but being courageous doesn't mean be stupid, so be aggressive but only in the pots your supposed to be in. especialy on micro stakes you can really bet your good hands for value because weaker players make weaker calls
    • sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      yeah with this aggressive play i had 1 or two small swings in the session but i felt pretty good, was still in profit over all, and was confident i'll win my money back unlike when im tight and i lose money i coil up even tighter until i get even BETTER hands lol.

Also, if you have 50 dollars capital, how much money should i plan to win in one month? Because im playing pretty scared in general, and just fluttering right above 50. I have two accounts now, the Full tilt where i have 50 and pokerstars where i made a dollar(was 3 but lost to HIGHER full house lol)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sharkfin9000
      yeah with this aggressive play i had 1 or two small swings in the session but i felt pretty good, was still in profit over all, and was confident i'll win my money back unlike when im tight and i lose money i coil up even tighter until i get even BETTER hands lol.

Also, if you have 50 dollars capital, how much money should i plan to win in one month? Because im playing pretty scared in general, and just fluttering right above 50. I have two accounts now, the Full tilt where i have 50 and pokerstars where i made a dollar(was 3 but lost to HIGHER full house lol)
      you only starting out so i would suggest not to make a rash goal of big profit, once you stay around your $50, you will be getting much needed experience playing and then when you start to feel more comfortable and play more hands once your in profit you'll be doing good with rakeback adding to it, just try get a few hands going and you will get more confident and better player as you said already your game is adapting and hopefully getting stronger, good luck with it mate :s_cool: :f_biggrin: :f_cool: :s_biggrin:
    • sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      yeah i have roughly 350 - 450 hands on each website poker stars and full tilt. So i im still starting out and really new...doesnt feel like much play.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i have a friend that never really played on line poker just live, and he started playing online about 2 years ago and he told me he didnt get very good at on line poker till he had around 250,000 hands played, he's won alot of money know and he lives in australia now, thats my ambition :s_cool: i've played around 20,000 hands through all poker accounts, mostly plo micro stakes i'm still a beginner but i'm getting there, when you see real people in front of you transfer there life into brilliance it gives you a bigger determination.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I think it's important to remember that your aggression is not the same as your hand range. Playing loose or tight are very different, but you want to always play aggressive. As a beginner in cash games playing a tight aggressive game will be easiest to learn. Loosening up will be very swingy and put you in many marginal situations that force you into tough decisions. Stick to a range like the bronze BSS starting hands chart and play with selective aggression and you'll get off to a good start.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      +1