OK sorry about the past 2 post now a lil hello and a lil bit about me :-)

• RIPCURL88
      RIPCURL88
      Basic
      Sorry for breaking the forum rules guys i should read the rules before i post lol... Anyways a big hello to every1 all over the poker universe my name is Tim i have been playing poker for roughly 2 and a half years i am mainly a live game player but have just recently converted to playing online 80 percent of the time......

I only play low stakes 2c max lol but i am really getting a hold of the game and am mainly just getting to know the mathematics that there is with poker and i must say i can read hands and count my odds pretty damn well now but i still manage to get donked... What is it about those donks that come in to a game and ruin it for the ones that are there to actually learn the aspects of the game and have a good time some of them make me sick.... Like for example i was playing a 2c ring game i was in mid position i raise 8x the big blind with pocket ks..... evveryone folds to the button and he has my stack out matched 2 to1 and he pushes i snap call and he shows 5s8s flop comes Kh4h6d turn brings 9s and the river brings down a 7h and sends me to the rail with a straight...It makes me sick and makes me so mad sometimes when i get beat like this even in low stakes should i quit poker till i get a more relaxed mind or should i just take these bad beats as bad beats and move on....
      Please feel free to post some advice as i am struggling to overcome the donks and rebuild my bankroll to go up to the next level lol.... away from the fish....
  • 3 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i was just playing the micros and went all in with 5 8 and beat pocket kings :tongue: :tongue: =) only messing man whats up

"Please feel free to post some advice as i am struggling to overcome the donks and rebuild my bankroll to go up to the next level lol.... away from the fish.... "

you should read all the articles, watch the videos etc, in the strategy section, they improved my poker game alot, check them out
    • RIPCURL88
      RIPCURL88
      Basic
      Lmao i dont think u would but then again i must say the game has changed alot there is alot of players taking stabs with small cards but it still makes me a lil mad when they call an all in with that type of rubbish.... If i push with a hand and i get a caller i want it to be a showdown something to go out with a bang being sent to the rail with low cards not even connected just makes me sick :-(..........

And thanx heap for ur advice pogodon i will absolutly be checking out the articles that is within this site....

Anyways i am proud i got referred to this site from a fellow poker player this place is like a online home for us poker players that actually take the game serious... :f_cool:

And pogodon do u play micro or higher and did u just start ur poker path from bulding on the $50 that pokerstategy gives away?

If so can u give me any tips? I would rather get tips from an actuall person not reading articles lol.....I read alot of books on poker at the moment my fav is Doyles Super system vol 1 and 2...I just want to get tips from some1 that has actually built a bankroll from ground up not deposited a lot of cash and grinded up there millions lol......
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ah i play micro limits on full tilt and i play plo 25c/50c amd 50c/$1 on pokerstars, I'm only start out my online poker myself and trying to get used to all the poker terms and quick play, but this site is great there are alot of great players here and they always give advice, and help. since ive watched the video's and read the article i think ive got alot better at poker although seems to be making me better live :f_confused: :s_biggrin: but i think ill have to get used to multi tableing on line, but il sure talk poker with you anytime mate.
      :spade: :heart: :club: :diamond: