This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

25nl flop bet, turn check, river pot bet

• getnavi
      getnavi
      Bronze
      How do u think about that line?

OOP villian normal flop bet (like 60-70% of pot) and hero call.
      turn check/check
      river POT size bet from villian.

It is very common at micro stakes.

slow played good hand or bluff.. right?
      Does it +ev to call with marginal hand? like middle pair or A high.
      nowadays I call with A high at flop FD board.

any idea?
  • 3 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      depends on villain & board texture, sometimes he checks for pot control, sometimes to give up and sometimes to c/r u, also sometimes he might take a free card if he is drawing. :)
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You say there was a flop bet, turn check, and river pot-sized bet... but what happened preflop? Who has position? Was the flop heads-up or multiway? Was the river card scary or a blank?

Betting the full pot on the river instead of 1/2-2/3 pot often indicates a polarized range. You usually won't see a mediocre hand like second pair. There are times when the Villain's line will be unbalanced toward bluffs, and you can call with pure bluff-catchers, but sometimes the reverse is true.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      With the limited amount of information, when I see this line it's usually me flat calling their PFR, they throw out a standard Cbet on the flop and I float it. Then they usually give it up on the Turn, planning to fold to my bet into them. I usually oblige with this and throw a bet out and take down the pot. If I do check behind they usually fire out on the river, although usually it's only about 2/3 pot. As pzhon said it can indicate a polarised range, for me it seems to lean more towards the pure bluff end of that range.

When I take the general line of bet flop, check turn, bet river it's more often than not pot control, with TPWK on a wettish board or something, but then I definately wouldn't be betting pot on the river.

SO judging from past experiences, i'd say a lot of the time it's a standard Cbet, and they basically give up to any action on the turn, but sense weakness from a check on the turn and try to push you out on the river. This is aif you're in position.