This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

its like taking 5 steps forward and 10 steps back

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ..............ok, did you ever sit at a table heads up play a few hands and double up playing good poker only to be velted then you buy back in lose again by either a bad beat or just get out played, this happens from time to time i win a nice pot sitting pretty but after a few hun hands i end up not only losing the stack i won but my own stack, this is very frustrating because i feel like ive lost 3 times as much now, it feels like luck is going the opponents way,
      should i rebuy in to this game knowing that im stuck at will play looser to try get some value back and knowing i stacked off the clown at the start, or should i just leave the table and know its not my night :O :O any suggestions
  • 4 replies
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      ..............ok, did you ever sit at a table heads up play a few hands and double up playing good poker only to be velted then you buy back in lose again by either a bad beat or just get out played, this happens from time to time i win a nice pot sitting pretty but after a few hun hands i end up not only losing the stack i won but my own stack, this is very frustrating because i feel like ive lost 3 times as much now, it feels like luck is going the opponents way,
      should i rebuy in to this game knowing that im stuck at will play looser to try get some value back and knowing i stacked off the clown at the start, or should i just leave the table and know its not my night :O :O any suggestions
      Stepping away is something I need to work on too.

This weekend has been a huge hit to my BR - and I'd say it's about 60% is entirely my fault. I lost some pretty bad beats, but instead of laying it down and moving away I stayed there, and every mediocre hand I played my brain was saying fold - my finger was clicking raise.

Clearly this is something we all have to go through - and if you can think clearly at the table and say "okay, it's been a bad night, I'm 10bb down, but if I stay I'll end up maybe 40 or 50bb down". Though this is easier said than done - this weekend has certainly taught me to be more patient and step away completely. And now I have to grind away to rebuild the damage I've done :f_cry:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye i took a big hit on saturday man i lost a $140 when i flopped the nuts and he caught a higher straight on the end but i wouldnt mind that because thats poker but i played so bad afterwards just acting like an idiot i was calling raises with hands i wouldnt even raise hoping for value and i as playing so good until i took a bad hit and i knew i should of left after that but i wouldnt say i was on tilt i was just down and trying to get back up even pro's on high stakes poker play more hands when there stuck but i could avoid it if i just leave,
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      ye i took a big hit on saturday man i lost a $140 when i flopped the nuts and he caught a higher straight on the end but i wouldnt mind that because thats poker but i played so bad afterwards just acting like an idiot i was calling raises with hands i wouldnt even raise hoping for value and i as playing so good until i took a bad hit and i knew i should of left after that but i wouldnt say i was on tilt i was just down and trying to get back up even pro's on high stakes poker play more hands when there stuck but i could avoid it if i just leave,
      I hear you buddy! I was a rock on one table of Super-LAGs, and I played 5 hands in 30mins: KK, KK, AQ, AJ and 98s - the only one I won was the final one. I then went all maniac and threw 50% of my BR at them, and the next table I played at.

I had that sneeky tilt where you don't go after one person, but you start playing catch-up and throwing more money away.

I think a break, some study and then back to the tables is the best remedy!
    • cgoldie
      cgoldie
      Bronze
      I hate it when this happens, you take a hit so you go on revenge mode trying to get where you should be.

I think the optimal is to either leave, calm down and start again. Or rebuy and stick to your A game you was playing knowing you have the donks beat long term.