its like taking 5 steps forward and 10 steps back

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ..............ok, did you ever sit at a table heads up play a few hands and double up playing good poker only to be velted then you buy back in lose again by either a bad beat or just get out played, this happens from time to time i win a nice pot sitting pretty but after a few hun hands i end up not only losing the stack i won but my own stack, this is very frustrating because i feel like ive lost 3 times as much now, it feels like luck is going the opponents way,
      should i rebuy in to this game knowing that im stuck at will play looser to try get some value back and knowing i stacked off the clown at the start, or should i just leave the table and know its not my night :O :O any suggestions
  • 4 replies
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      ..............ok, did you ever sit at a table heads up play a few hands and double up playing good poker only to be velted then you buy back in lose again by either a bad beat or just get out played, this happens from time to time i win a nice pot sitting pretty but after a few hun hands i end up not only losing the stack i won but my own stack, this is very frustrating because i feel like ive lost 3 times as much now, it feels like luck is going the opponents way,
      should i rebuy in to this game knowing that im stuck at will play looser to try get some value back and knowing i stacked off the clown at the start, or should i just leave the table and know its not my night :O :O any suggestions
      Stepping away is something I need to work on too.

This weekend has been a huge hit to my BR - and I'd say it's about 60% is entirely my fault. I lost some pretty bad beats, but instead of laying it down and moving away I stayed there, and every mediocre hand I played my brain was saying fold - my finger was clicking raise.

Clearly this is something we all have to go through - and if you can think clearly at the table and say "okay, it's been a bad night, I'm 10bb down, but if I stay I'll end up maybe 40 or 50bb down". Though this is easier said than done - this weekend has certainly taught me to be more patient and step away completely. And now I have to grind away to rebuild the damage I've done :f_cry:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye i took a big hit on saturday man i lost a $140 when i flopped the nuts and he caught a higher straight on the end but i wouldnt mind that because thats poker but i played so bad afterwards just acting like an idiot i was calling raises with hands i wouldnt even raise hoping for value and i as playing so good until i took a bad hit and i knew i should of left after that but i wouldnt say i was on tilt i was just down and trying to get back up even pro's on high stakes poker play more hands when there stuck but i could avoid it if i just leave,
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      ye i took a big hit on saturday man i lost a $140 when i flopped the nuts and he caught a higher straight on the end but i wouldnt mind that because thats poker but i played so bad afterwards just acting like an idiot i was calling raises with hands i wouldnt even raise hoping for value and i as playing so good until i took a bad hit and i knew i should of left after that but i wouldnt say i was on tilt i was just down and trying to get back up even pro's on high stakes poker play more hands when there stuck but i could avoid it if i just leave,
      I hear you buddy! I was a rock on one table of Super-LAGs, and I played 5 hands in 30mins: KK, KK, AQ, AJ and 98s - the only one I won was the final one. I then went all maniac and threw 50% of my BR at them, and the next table I played at.

I had that sneeky tilt where you don't go after one person, but you start playing catch-up and throwing more money away.

I think a break, some study and then back to the tables is the best remedy!
    • cgoldie
      cgoldie
      Bronze
      I hate it when this happens, you take a hit so you go on revenge mode trying to get where you should be.

I think the optimal is to either leave, calm down and start again. Or rebuy and stick to your A game you was playing knowing you have the donks beat long term.