This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

playing AK pf early stage (6 max turbo)

• martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Was playing one of the 6max turbo sng's and in the early phase(about 5-6 hands in), I get AKo

Everyone had limped in front of me, blinds at 30/60. I limp in as well

Flop comes K :club: 9 :spade: 3 :club:

I put out a 210 bet (240 in the pot already). Everyone folds but one guy minraises me. I insta-shove and he calls, showing K9.

How should I have played the hand preflop? I wanted to just limp in and hit TPTK or something better so I could get action but the action killed me :D
  • 2 replies
    • grhm2356
      grhm2356
      Bronze
      Limping is not an option :)
      You should have raised. In normal circumstances he would have folded K9 and you would collect the pot.
      When you just limp you go against a larger number of opponents who can hit straights, flushes, sets in the flop (imagine a limp with 22 and another 2 hits the board) . Besides, you have no idea how strong they are with limping. If you had raised and someone called, you could position that player in a strong hand...

Hope it helps ;)
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      guess I got greedy, I usually raise in that spot but I wanted to mix things up - was a playmoney sng anyway