HEM vs Elephant (+HEM free)

• MoneyMagnet2
      MoneyMagnet2
      Bronze
      Thanks to the 10SP bonus I am quite close to getting my full elephant licence :f_biggrin: / :s_biggrin:
      but it appears that elephant wont support 888 for some time and this site is teaming with fish! So somebody mentioned HEM as an alternative. I've just looked into a bit and it seems OK.

Can I have some feedback on how it will compare to Elephant? Is it worth spending the cash on it? Or should I stick with Elephant?

I see its possible to get HEM for free at certain sites if you don't already have an account there and then you earn some points, for me ideally my new site would be Party Poker and then you use the HEM bonus code. If I do this could my account still be tracked my this site or are the bonus codes mutually exclusive? Or is there another site that I could get the best of both worlds from?

Thanks for your help!
  • 7 replies
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      If you are tracked through the HEM site you won't be tracked through pokerstrategy. Affiliate sites get money for the players they bring so...you can't be brought by both and they can't both get money for you.

I haven't heard of an alternative site that would give you HEM for free without playing through them. There's nothing free, by the time you make the points you've helped make rake for at least 1 HEM, maybe even a bit more so that's why the give it to you, same as the Elephant.
    • MoneyMagnet2
      MoneyMagnet2
      Bronze
      Thanks that's what I kind a expected; one or the other. But my main question still stands is it worth getting HEM? Is it better than Elephant?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      HEM over Elephant any day IMO.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      HEM is better and it is worth the $90.

However, if your bankroll is small and you don't want to invest more money in poker, you should use the elephant, it does the job. Once you make more from poker you can buy HEM, or play through their site for the $100 store credit or whatever you decide.
    • MoneyMagnet2
      MoneyMagnet2
      Bronze
      Thanks again YUKNOW! My bank roll is small ($35 Full Tilt from the original $50 from here was right down to $5 six weeks ago+ $20 888 thanks to the free $5 there. I don't want to invest any more if I can help it; I must get better at poker!). I really want a tracker for 888 and am happy with elephant but it seems supporting 888 is not high on their list of things to do. I may have to make a small investment in a new PartyPoker 2 get the points to get it for free.

Do you know if Party Poker is like Full Tilt you are credited with points for just getting dealt in? Unlike 888 where it seems you only get points if you win the pot (or perhaps put a %age in, not sure here.)?
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      I know in Everest, where I play it's this way - you get points if you are dealt in the hand, and I think PokerStars is that way too, don't know about the others.
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      I haven't heard of an alternative site that would give you HEM for free without playing through them. There's nothing free, by the time you make the points you've helped make rake for at least 1 HEM, maybe even a bit more so that's why the give it to you, same as the Elephant.
      This is definately not true. At least not for all sites. From what I've seen if u get it with FTP you just need to collect 250 FTPs which, if u play SnGs, is
      25$ of rake. So u actually get a huge discount. They're thinking of course that you will keep playing and in the end rake in more than 1 HEM but if u get it in a smaller site just to collect ur hem and then leave I'm sure this is a great way of boosting ur bankroll while getting HEM.

Of course I wouldn't advice u to sign up to FTP with HEM instead of PS.com, but another small site could be a good choice.

Cheers!