[NL20-NL50] SH50 Implied odds w str8draw?

• THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Party Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1015348
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $64.63
      Hero (BTN): $53.49
      SB: $57.05
      BB: $58.99
      UTG: $64.58

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with T :club: Q :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) J :spade: 9 :heart: 5 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($16.25) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $10.50, Hero folds

donkbet 5percent so I guess his range is really strong, smth like Sets, 2pair so I have pretty darn good implied odds

BUT, I feel lliek I should fold on T anyway...????
  • 4 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      You need to extract 8.75 on the river if you hit to make the turn call break-even. There's also a small chance a Q is also sufficient, so the call gets a bit better still.

So yeah, pretty standard call.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      vpip? i dont think the figure has any representation on the strength of his donking range. he could also donk some random mid pairs, overcards etc. but as played an allstreets, he does rep a strong hand.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      Raise flop? Hes donk size doesnt shows much strenght. He might fold 9x. We will likely have free card on the turn.
      What hes stats? If you say that he has 5% donk bet you must have some hands on him.
      I dont say calling is a mistake, but is it better in compare to raising?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrxLT
      Raise flop? Hes donk size doesnt shows much strenght. He might fold 9x. We will likely have free card on the turn.
      What hes stats? If you say that he has 5% donk bet you must have some hands on him.
      I dont say calling is a mistake, but is it better in compare to raising?
      a lot of players would make that play on air, other top pair or better hands that they are never folding if you raise and might just 3-bet you. So if you have reads he isn´t donking then mostly it is very strong hand and with Q high we can´t really raise flop for value.
      I´d played the same way. you get good implied odds on the river and against two pair or set he is b/c or c/c quite big bet on the river, so turn call is fine