[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 Sh Aq

• z1pz0r
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 8, A, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.75, BU raises to $6.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.35.

Villan is 20/16 inf. aggr. factor over 83 hands, contibets 43% over 7 samples.

I wonder if raising for value and then folding makes sense. I mean yeah, he could just bluff 3-bet me, he could have have 88 99 89, flush draw + straight flush kind of hands, but in one of videos I heard talking TT of "raising for value since the only hand that beats me is AK".
      His flop wasn't that wet tho.
  • 3 replies
    • gisch
      the question is does he ever bluff here because youre crushed by a valuerange that 3bets this flop
      when i play against such aggro players i tend to get more passive so i would just call the flop and see what happens

its a really ugly spot the more i think about it beacause he is so aggro and youre repping a not so strong range, cause normally people will have you on daw when you cr this board
    • falcone1983
      Don't raise this flop if you don't want to get it in. Also, your betsizing sucks.

As played, problem is he can have a lot of FD's with a pair, a gutshot, or an open-ender to go with it, and you flip against those, so it's a pity to fold away all that equity, but on the other hand, he has all the sets, all the two pairs, and AK in his range and against them you're almost dead. It's probaly a fold in practice, but don't put yourself in this spot.
    • Kaitz20
      Against 20/16 I´d most of the times 3-bet for value and if our history is quite aggressive then I´d also shove there for value over his 4-bet
      If you´re not planning going to call shove then don´t c/r this board, he has enough hands that he would 3-bet there as semibluff and you´re folding the best hands
      c/c or lead seems fine. Don´t think he is messing around too often, but if you think he may bluffraise you then just turn your hand int+ bluff catcher and c/c him down