Starting Capital

• ionutd
      ionutd
      Bronze
      Hey, I have passed the test a long time ago, selected a room but did not claim the 50$ up to date.

1. Am I allowed to change the room to Pokerstars?

2. Do I have to contact the support team about it or is there an option to do it myself?

3. Which marketing code should I use on pstars to be able to get the money? (it's my first account there)

Thank you.
  • 7 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey ionutd,

If you haven't claimed your free $50 on any site through PokerStrategy.com you should still have the option there to claim it.
      Here is all the information regarding PokerStars and its downloading/starting capital etc.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars/
      But, I would advise to contact support about this though.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • ionutd
      ionutd
      Bronze
      Thank you Kyle, one more question though.

I already have the client installed. I got it from their site. Do I have to uninstall it and install the client using your download link or is that the same?

Thanks again.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ionutd,

For the vast majority of platforms, it's vital that you use the PokerStrategy marketing code when first downloading the software and setting up your account, not the download source itself. This does vary from platform to platform however, with 888 Poker for example you do need to clear cookies and download from the PokerStrategy link.

If you have already set up the account, it may be too late to enter the code, however I would second my colleague Kyle's recommendation and give our support team a quick shout first before doing anything else just in case.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • ionutd
      ionutd
      Bronze
      I have not created an account, just installed the client from the Pstars site, so I did not have to enter any marketing code yet. Sent a ticket and waiting for a response. Thank you for your help.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      No problem, you're welcome.

Fingers crossed for you ;)

Bart
    • ionutd
      ionutd
      Bronze
      2 more questions please:

1. Is the 50$ deposit from pokerstrategy eligible for the 100% bonus? I understand I can get 3 x 100% bonuses from pstars. Will the starting capital be considered as one of them?

2. Do the VPPs I get count for both the starting capital and my own deposit? Let's say I make a 100$ deposit and then receive the 50$. I collect 1000 VPPs in 1 month, do those amount for both sums of money or do I first clear the capital and can only then proceed to clear my own deposit?

Hope that was clear enough. As always, your help is much appreciated.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey ionutd,

1) The starting capital doesn't count as a deposit. So you still can deposit up to three times to a maximum bonus of $600 in total.

2) You can clear both at the same time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
      Hannes