New Poker player

• i3ri3
      i3ri3
      Basic
      Hello everyone im a 19 years old kid from denmark i am currently waiting on my 50$ bonus from pokerstrategys. (And thanks alot for that)
      I choosed Fulltilt basicly because of ''rush poker''.

Well do any of you guys have any tips for a new guy like me ?

(I know that the minium buyin at the lowest Rush game is 2$, that would be against my bankroll)

So yeah any tips tricks ? anything importend that i should be aware of ? i would appriciate anything :)

-Thanks i3ri3
  • 5 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      If you want to play rush , I would strongly advice you to deposit or build you BR in cash game or SNG first because the variance is big. If you want to play MSS, I haven't tried it at NL5 but it works pretty well at NL10 and NL25.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      hi, ye the minimum buy in for rush hour poker is 2/5c .. but there is alot of tips veido's articles etc, be sure to read up on poker before just diving into the table :s_cool:
    • BurningHand
      BurningHand
      Bronze
      hello friend....

i strongly advise you NOT to join rush! as said variance is big and you'll find yourself broke in no time.

a friend of me was winning 25$ at the 2c/5c rush and after an hour was totally broke.

it's very often that you tilt in rush.

just get the starting capital and join SnG or NL cash.

I got 50$ capital and i am grinding NL cash. i am playing less than a month and today my BR is 155$ which means 3 times bigger....

read and learn strategys, and avoid rush...

if you don't listen to my advice and join rush, as mentioned, you have to deposit more or build your bankroll...

poker is skill+Bankroll management! both of them are important
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for your answer.

You shouldn't play rush poker in the beginning. You don't have the bankroll for it and you learn way better poker by playing normal cashgame tables or SnGs.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BurningHand
      hello friend....

i strongly advise you NOT to join rush! as said variance is big and you'll find yourself broke in no time.

a friend of me was winning 25$ at the 2c/5c rush and after an hour was totally broke.

it's very often that you tilt in rush.

just get the starting capital and join SnG or NL cash.

I got 50$ capital and i am grinding NL cash. i am playing less than a month and today my BR is 155$ which means 3 times bigger....

read and learn strategys, and avoid rush...

if you don't listen to my advice and join rush, as mentioned, you have to deposit more or build your bankroll...

poker is skill+Bankroll management! both of them are important
      If you tilt you should avoid playing any type of poker. But $50 is not enough for a total beginner to play NL5 Rush. Somewhere around $150 should be enough if you study a lot.