This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] qq multiway

• gisch
      gisch
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($51.48)
      BB ($23.22)
      UTG ($19.70)
      Button ($32.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      UTG bets $0.80, Button raises $2.50, Hero calls $2.40, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.70

Flop: ($7.70) 6, 7, 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Button raises $7, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $8.70

the initial raiser was a big fish and the 3better was very aggro preflop(13%3bet) so i decided to call pre in order to keep his range very wide and maybe to not scare away the fish

at the flop i get really lost, i mean the fish could have almost anything with the small donk, however the pfr was playing very passive postflop(AF flop 1.2) and his raise size looks like a real monster to me

So what do you think about the fold or should i just 4bet jam it pre to avoid such ugly scenarios?
  • 3 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      If you don't 4bet preflop (which is okay given your reads/argument), leading this flop is mandatory, since you're still ahead of their ranges and having this flop getting checked through would be a disaster.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      agree with falcone. lead on the flop for protection and value, get it in vs fish, bet/fold vs the passive reg if u think u are almost always behind
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      being oop I might also 4-bet and call shove, but since it looks quite strong I think call is also fine. but I´m not really getting away that board, so I´d shove flop for value. BU is making that raise almost all his 3-bet range, since UTg min-bet looks really weak and he doesn´t really afraid too much about your hand, since if you´re folding there QQ then likely you can´t really continue with any hand unless you called pf 88-66 and hit your set