[NL20-NL50] qq multiway

• gisch
      gisch
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($51.48)
      BB ($23.22)
      UTG ($19.70)
      Button ($32.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      UTG bets $0.80, Button raises $2.50, Hero calls $2.40, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.70

Flop: ($7.70) 6, 7, 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Button raises $7, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $8.70

the initial raiser was a big fish and the 3better was very aggro preflop(13%3bet) so i decided to call pre in order to keep his range very wide and maybe to not scare away the fish

at the flop i get really lost, i mean the fish could have almost anything with the small donk, however the pfr was playing very passive postflop(AF flop 1.2) and his raise size looks like a real monster to me

So what do you think about the fold or should i just 4bet jam it pre to avoid such ugly scenarios?
  • 3 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      If you don't 4bet preflop (which is okay given your reads/argument), leading this flop is mandatory, since you're still ahead of their ranges and having this flop getting checked through would be a disaster.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      agree with falcone. lead on the flop for protection and value, get it in vs fish, bet/fold vs the passive reg if u think u are almost always behind
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      being oop I might also 4-bet and call shove, but since it looks quite strong I think call is also fine. but I´m not really getting away that board, so I´d shove flop for value. BU is making that raise almost all his 3-bet range, since UTg min-bet looks really weak and he doesn´t really afraid too much about your hand, since if you´re folding there QQ then likely you can´t really continue with any hand unless you called pf 88-66 and hit your set