Seat 2 is the button
      Total number of players : 6
      Seat 5: Mittweida ( $49.55 USD )
      Seat 2: fizoloff ( $32.86 USD )
      Seat 6: MixaGr ( $40.36 USD )
      Seat 1: Honig666 ( $17.55 USD )
      Seat 3: benitoIlduce ( $9.37 USD )
      Seat 4: GoosmanCZ ( $24.89 USD )
      benitoIlduce posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
      GoosmanCZ posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to fizoloff 8 7
      Mittweida folds.
      MixaGr folds.
      fizoloff raises [$1 USD]
      benitoIlduce calls [$0.90 USD]
      >You have options at Table 127157 Table!.
      GoosmanCZ raises [$4 USD]
      fizoloff calls [$3.25 USD]
      benitoIlduce folds.
      ** Dealing Flop ** 6, 3, T
      GoosmanCZ bets [$6.75 USD]
      fizoloff calls [$6.75 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** 5
      GoosmanCZ checks.
      fizoloff is all-In.

87s against AK. I know this player and I have many reads on him. My read on AK was good, Big raise on PF - with pockets he raises lower or doesn't raise at all. Flop was good for pocket, so his bet pot was starnge for me and at that moment I knew he had AK. What do you think about this push? It was bet pot.
  • 6 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Usually you should just throw the hand away to 3bet / squeeze play, if effective stacks are deep (200BB or so) then I could call it to a squeeze.

If you have the read that he does potsizebet on flop with AK I guess floating is ok there. But too often you lose your whole bin easily here and you start to figure how the hand ended that way :) Personally I never float / bluff big pots.
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      If he's on AK a turn push should be ok. He should fold and if he doesn't you have 14outs. You need 1 in 3, your getting that (better with FE)

would fold preflop tho.

edit: if hes on AKh then it's not that good anymore
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'd fold PF especially since the shortish stack yet to act could quite easily push.

Postflop: If your read includes villain being able to fold AK to your turn shove then NH. Some players don't like folding (and rightly so) in big pots.

Full marks for enterprising play and trusting your reads . I hope he didn't call on the strength of a counter-read though since you only have about 30% EQ here.

Edit:Raise flop if villain is capable of double-barrelling with his AK.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      hmm are you really that sure, that your read ist good? How many hands did you play against him?

a preflop fold would be standard.

If you are sure, that he has AK, raise on the flop. He wouldn´t be able to call.
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      I play with him as many hands as I can - he's on my buddies list :) 'cos I like players I can read them as if their cards were faced up :) He plays the same game all the time, doesn't make any mix, nothing new - just pretty fish player. So, Im pretty sure he was on AK. He's a new player on NL25 and he's scared and that makes my advantage.

Re-raise or push on flop was to dangerous for me, because he doesn't like give his AK up on flop, he calls usually re-raise on flop and when nothing comes on turn or river he folds, that's why I was waiting for turn. If he called me, I would have had small chance of success with flop cards and this is the second reason I didn't re-raise on flop. And another one - If I made My re-raise on flop that move would have made a huge pot on turn and then he'd have had no reason to fold on turn or river.

And btw, this is not my standart style of play :) Sometimes I have to make something tricky, totally crazy and maybe stupid :)

Regards
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      wow he calls a flopraise with AK, beeing unimproved in a reraised pot?!
      You have quite a lot of reads of villian.
      If your reads are good, your play looks perfect.