Hero raises [$0.80 USD]
      Button folds
      SB raises [$2.50 USD]
      BB folds
      Hero calls [$1.80 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Kc, 3d, 9s ]
      SB bets [$3.80 USD]
      Hero folds

Until that hand SB played like 15 hand out of 150. Never went to showdown. Was I correct to fold?

Please advice :)
  • 3 replies
    • Fagin
      I guess from the stack sizes and your initial raise that you are playing NL20 FR.

You raised from the CO with AKos (you therefore have a fairly wide range in the eyes of the sb and bb) - the sb 3 bets, which depending on the player he could do with a slightly narower range but certainly one which includes AK, AQ, perhaps AJ and probably 88+, and you then flat call the 3 bet (depending on reads/stats you could have 4 bet)

You flop TPTK on a rainbow board with no obvious draws. The sb c-bets and you fold?? I would probably raise here to see where I am - he could have QQ, JJ, 1010 or even air (AQ, AJ are just 2 options).

If you hit the A would you have called or raised or perhaps folded as you were probably behind to his set of As?

There are only 4 probable hands that you are behind to - unless you think this player who only played 15/150 hands could have 3-bet you with a hand that flopped 2 pair?

Personally I think that if you planned to fold to a c-bet on a flop like that you should have folded pre-flop. When you called his 3-bet pre-flop what was your plan for the hand? Did you plan to fold unless you hit 2 pair or trips? Forming a plan for the post flop playing of a hand is important and takes practice.

Sorry if the above sounds harsh but I think the fold was weak as there are too few hands in his range that are beating you, and you are ahead here far too often.

This is of course just IMHO and could be completely wrong!

I just put the hand into the equilator and against a 10% range you have 83.8% equity in the hand - you will win 80%+ of the time - seems pretty good to me. If we reduce his range to 5% of hands (77+ AJs+ AKo) you still have 73% equity!
    • eteris
      Originally posted by Fagin
      You flop TPTK on a rainbow board with no obvious draws. The sb c-bets and you fold??
    • SvenBe
      He hqdlaty,

why don't you try our hand evaluation forum? You will receive professional assistance once you converted your hand into a readable format. How does it work? Simply follow our guide: and you will sure get some assistance in how to play your hands.

If you earn some Strategy-Points you might even be able to access forums for higher limits that need silver+ status. You will be able to choose out of a great number of hands posted by other users. Either you try to give your opinion there as well or look trough the forum and see what the hand judges were giving for advice for other players.

Hope that helped