[NL2-NL10] NL5 : AQ overplayed

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.46
      UTG+2:
      $3.08

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q:diamond: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, UTG+2 calls $0.16, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) Q:club: , 2:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, UTG+2 raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.25, UTG+2 calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.88) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.67, UTG+2 raises to $1.67 (All-In).

River: ($6.22) J:heart:

Final Pot: $6.22

Did I overplay my TPTK here ?
      I was worried a bit I was overplaying this hand while I was playing it.
  • 6 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      The flop is not very drawy (besides a straightdraw with JT) and there are not many cards that could "hurt" you, so it's quite typical way ahead / way behind situation. I would probably just call his minraise on flop and play the hand passive, especially since the straight got there on the turn. If he checks behind on turn, then I could valuebet river. But check/calling all the way is the line I mostly pick here against solid villain after his minraise on flop, maybe even against fishier villains I would choose this line and let them bluff their asses off.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks.
      It's just so I know what to do next time. It turned out he had pocket tens, so he got his well deserved Hellmuth style rant from me.

I didn't really know what to with all that action :)
    • Fizoloff
      Fizoloff
      Bronze
      After his raise on flop you should re-raise on his all-in target. He's a short, so there is no point to play with him gently :)

regards
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Well, I just think you scare away worse hands many times with a reraise on flop into such dry board, that's why I would just call it and get more value out of pocket pairs or Qs with worse kicker. Ok, if I call on on flop, check on turn and he bets, let's say 1$ and has 1.5$ left or so, ok I would put him AI there instead of just calling. But the point was that it might be better to give him the leading role to get max. value from wider handrange.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I endured some bad beats today, so I tend to play my hands rather agressively. Enough calling stations around so I don't want them to have the right odds for anything to draw on. I guess an AF of 4.15 at NL5 says enough :)
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      I prefer bet/call flop + check/raise turn all in.

If you push the flop, he will be able to fold a lot of worser hands + you don´t give him the chance to bluff.