SSS 6max leaks and adjustment help.

• legend4566
      legend4566
      Bronze
      Hi, my name is Terrence and I've been playing at Full Tilt Poker for 4 months and I've been having a little up and downs because of my relatively tiny knowledge of poker. I generally play at NLHE $0.01/0.02 SH tables, I find the game is really crazy and aggresive.

Here after giving a few thought i found some leaks that i have but i would know how to adjust them and i hope someone knowledgeable could give me some guides. :D

First, I would like to mention that I normally buy-in for 30BB, which make my overall game plan short stack. IF adjustment should be made, please advice :D

1) For postflop, this is what i hate the most. And my biggest leaks. When ever i face a c-bet OOP/IP i generally fold when miss and only call down once with second best. Should i float more with my hands regarding my stack sizes IP (I never ever float OOP), if yes, what hand range is recommended? The only time i lead is with top/second/over pair on board. Raising flop was never

Please really help me on this, I remember there was on time where the maniac BU keep open raises my blinds and keep pouncing on me when i miss flop that i have to fold a hand like KQo on a Axx flop or KJ on Qxx flop for like almost every orbit. X(

2) For my knowledge, SS doesnt have enough implied odds. If that is true, how should I adjust on playing FDs /SDs on multistreets?

3) Doest my preflop play to only be 3betting with value on 10+ AQ+ ?

Hopefully someone here could really help me. Thanks. :f_eek: And sorry for the long post =)
  • 2 replies
    • legend4566
      legend4566
      Bronze
      can anyone help me on this?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Terrence,

My main advice would be to focus on 9 max games(full ring) and to try to buy in with 20BBs if that's possible, because 20BBs give you better playability with SSS than 30BBs.

Furthermore,

1) You should almost never call preflop thus you shouldn't have problems against c-bets because you are supposed to be the preflop aggressor at all times. ...try rereading articles about SSS preflop play.

2) True. When applying SSS you can't really play for implied odds. So, with SSS you have to play for value most of the time and as goes for strong draws(FD, OESD) you should play them as strong made hands meaning you should try to get all your money in on the flop.

3) Yes, specially on micro stakes only play for value.

And most importantly, use the hand evaluation forums with the hands that cause you trouble so you can get detailed review of individual hands and this way find/fix your leaks.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
      burek2000