This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Multiple accounts? why??

• clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Hey i noticed that a lot of poker players have multiple accounts? Is there any particular reason? any advantage?

I was just curious...coz i have like 2 accounts in which i won a freeroll but do not use the money..so wondering if i should just take them out or is der some advantage
  • 7 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      bonus whoring
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I think its not allowed by poker sites to have multiple accounts
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      by multiple accounts i mean accounts in different sites
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi clawindsouza,

I have several different platforms scattered around still, some tracked to PokerStrategy, some not (held prior to joining).

Whilst I tend to visit 3x regularly, it's still sometimes useful keeping the others open as they all set up promotions & freerolls into live events etc occasionally.

Obviously if you're not going to play on a certain platform for a while, then it pays to transfer any large amounts of money into your more active platform, but if it's only a couple of $, then no harm leaving them (except Partypoker who will charge a small fee on inactive accounts).

Best regards,

Bart
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      my cuz only plays two accounts and he said he swaps over if he is feeling downswing or something on one of them,
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Moving account won't stop a downswing.
      Just have to ride it out and keep playing A-game.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I have plenty of accounts but use 2 at the moment.. One is my main one where I'm grinding for max bonus, the other one is used only if there's lack of traffic on the main one, if i meet all conditions for max bonus I can get current month (or if i'm not able to reach the higher one) or if i dont feel like grinding and want to play 1-2 tables while watching top gear :f_cool:

oh, and i have PokerStars active also, but use it only for a MTT from time to time and to play some FPP satelits with all points I earned a year ago...

Originally posted by EagleStar88
      (except Partypoker who will charge a small fee on inactive accounts).
      Mansion does it also! But you'll be notified by email a week before...