[NL2-NL10] NL5 : Valuebetting AJ (top pair)

• SonicXT
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.28, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.24, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.70) Q:heart: , 5:heart: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.50) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60.

River: ($2.70) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $4.30

Were my value bets correct or too conservative ?
  • 3 replies
    • degnic
      I would fold it preflop (especially if villain's 8vpip and 6pfr are correct there) - AJo is just horrible to play OOP as you need to hit and even if you hit, you can easily be dominated by original raiser's hand.

In different situations I could call the AJ preflop or maybe 3bet it, but here I would fold it - CO's raise into so many limpers looks strong and AJo is a hand you can easily get into trouble with.

Postflop the hand is played fine I think, though I would put him AI on turn because his small stack size.
    • SonicXT
      They are correct, though I don't have AceHUD yet, only Tracker (had it beforehand) so I didn't have any knownledge of it. However, you usually get great implied odds when you hit.
    • Peter87
      definitely, you should fold this Hand preflop.
      This Hand is really bad in a multiway pot and oop (=out of position). additionally you have a lot of reversed implied odds against AQ/AK.

on the flop i prefer checkraising, to collect a conti bet.

as played all your betsizes have to be bigger.
      on the flop 0.5$-0.6$. On the turn 1,1$. Against this stacksizes it´s an easy push on the river.