This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Earning money with Rush MSS

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi ny name is Fab and i am French living in the UK. I currently Play NL25 Rush with midstack.

i am by profession a self employed PHP web developer but since last year work has been generally speaking very slow. I stated playing poker about a year ago just for fun at PKR. Deposited $50 and after having fun I got lucky in a few tournies and manage to get a BR of about $125. About the same time I discovered PS and registered with my stating capital at fulttilt playing SSS. I withdrew my BR on PKR and depiosited as well on FT. in a couple of month I made about $800 profit but then in a few days went on tilt and lost $300. Idecided to take a break and withrew $500 and left $200 for a future come back. after 2 month I decided to come back with a diferent approach.

I play MSS Rush
      I start NL10 with 50BI
      I go down if I reach $100
      I withdraw the first $500 profit
      I take a shot at NL25 if I get and extra $100
      (make it 30BI)
      I move to NL25 if I reach $500

those were the initial rules
      I madethe $500 every month take shot at NL25 toward the end of the month most month but soon losing the 10Bi. then last month I reach the $500 and made an extra $200 at NL25 (withdrew)

so started november with $500 and rolled for NL25 and new goals.

withdraw the first $1000 profit.
      if manage to do that next 10BI take shots at NL50
      move to NL50 with 100BI

that should take me sometime :) .

So far this month I have been playing pretty poorly and have managed to withdraw $200. I don't seem to find my A game and confort zone. I have not been feeling great either, both morally and physically (had a bit of a cold/flu). so hopefully my game will improve.

I get asked a lot why do I withdraw instead of building my BR. Well a few reasons:

first as long as I beat the limit with 3bb/100 I should be able to achieve these goals with no difficulty, so it pushes me to beat a limit and not just be lucky.

I makes the wife happy and makes it acceptable to play poker.

What more enjoyable and rewarding to spend some your earnings.

It also a little helps at the moment at the end of the month :) .

So Each month I play over 100k hands.
      I decided tonight to start this blog and discuss my progress and mindset may be show a few graphs. Maybe will need a few pointers to keep interesting :D although I am not playing on discussing my game style in this this thread :D
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Well here is my graph for today :(

although I should not be to disappointed apart from a few errors I found that my game was not too bad.

I don't know if it is an impression but it seem to me that over the last few days I tend to face a lot of AA with my big hands QQ, KK, and AK+, a lot more than the other way around. Hopefully it will pick up in the next few days :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Had another silly day finished break even. I need to catch some sleep and get my moral up otherwise I gonna have a bad month :D