Get 3bet with QQ...?

• Fubu27
      Fubu27
      Bronze
      Hello, I recently started with the No Limit BSS (NL10) and I've faced the same situation twice now, a situation I'm not sure how to handle:

I hold QQ preflop on the UTG3 or so and naturally raise, everyone folds but then someone around the CO or so 3bets me (unknown villain).

I have given it some thought but I'm not entirely sure how to react (both times I had to fold to avoid comitting big mistakes and decided to consult it here later). If I was playing in position against villain on the flop then my line of play would be to call. However, out of position troubles me: I'm going to go into a 3bet pot, out of position and without initiative.

None of my choices really appeal to me, I'm not sure how to play here. I would be grateful if you could show me some guidance. Also, I would like to ask how AK would be played in the same situation as well.

And as an unrelated note now that I'm here, I would like to know if there is some kind of "standard" re-steal range or anything of the sort I could be informed with as I don't know if the range with which I do it is too loose or too tight.

Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      at NL10, I would push against unknown with QQ when already in the hand.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/1776/1/ <<< Read this. :f_cool:

There is no "standard" range for 4-bet/shoving/calling ect. What to do here is very situation dependant and there is no quick chart you can consult, but folding is going to be a mistake almost every time. Villains stats(or your reads on him if you aren't using stats) obviously need to be taken into account. Are you playing FR or SH? Although there aren't as many aggressive opponents in the lower limits, people are still going to be 3-betting lighter from the BTN/CO.

But anyway read the articles on AK/QQ play and you will probably get a better idea of how to play in tricky spots. Good luck.
    • Fubu27
      Fubu27
      Bronze
      Whoa, that was one strangely specific but really useful article. Thanks!

By the way, I am playing FR. I haven't read a lot about SH but suppose if I was playing it then a push would be a much easier option.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      No problem. There are 4 articles on AK/QQ so make sure you read them all. :f_biggrin: