[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ against 3bet

• Smashie
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, BU raises to $0,32, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,22.

Flop: ($0,69) 6:heart: , 6:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,69) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,34, BU calls $0,34.

River: ($1,37) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,43, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,37

VI is rather aggressive so im not gonna fold pre, but the question is if its better to raise or call pre. Im thinking he either has an overpair (maybe JJ tho) or AQ+, and if i call and he doesnt hit, i most likely wont get value from those hands. If i raise again he will shove with overpairs, but i have a hard time thinking he is going to fold AQ/AK in that spot, giving me more value compared to just calling.
      As played post flop i checked the flop giving him opportunity to pay me off with AQ/AK through a conti bet. He instead checked behind and i bet the turn. As he didnt raise i put him on AQ/AK at this point, maybe with a flushdraw as well. As the flushdraw missed the river maybe i should check here to induce a bluff?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Smashie,

As long he is so loose and trying to be aggresive, I would just 4bet him preflop and try to get my money in, playing OOP kinda not that what I would wish to play my QQ.

Best regards.