PokerStrategy.com Series on 888poker

• MarcusBo
      MarcusBo
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Like already announced in the News, the PokerStrategy.com Series on 888poker will start on the 15th of November.

The series will be accompanied by a review of the software by tmy and hasenbraten, opinions from our members and an interview with the people behind 888poker. Especially the freerolls will be a good opportunity to test the new software at 888poker.

What would generally interest us is your opinion about the Series, at which events you'll take part and of course suggestions on what we could improve.

Cheers,
      Marcus
  • 18 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      i recieved an email about this too.

do we need to deposit to get into the freeroll ?
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Chenghao,

I have removed the link to the e-mail as it shows your username on 888poker.

You need to have an account on 888poker tracked to our site. A deposit is not necessary.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      if we do win a seat , possible to unregister and will the funds be tournament $$ or in our accounts straight ?
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chenghao
      if we do win a seat , possible to unregister and will the funds be tournament $$ or in our accounts straight ?
      Nope, check out the news section ... its already answered there

Best Regards,
      Me
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      my question is, why are the afternoon games not in listings, or are they put up an hour before ? todays 6.00 pm gmt freeroll is there but none of the others, 13.00 freeroll or the 13.00 $1.10 sat. i may have missed something but i looked last night and today but nothing there.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by anti5ive
      my question is, why are the afternoon games not in listings, or are they put up an hour before ? todays 6.00 pm gmt freeroll is there but none of the others, 13.00 freeroll or the 13.00 $1.10 sat. i may have missed something but i looked last night and today but nothing there.
      All of the games should be showing now. Look under "Restricted" and ensure that you don't have any filters switched on ;)

Welcome back btw, good to see you again.

Good luck everyone. Unfortunately I'm not tracked, so you'll have to win it for the English Community ;)

Enjoy the tournaments.

Bart
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      yea cheers E S havnt been here for a while, but yes they are now in the listings ty.
    • watfordjc
      watfordjc
      Bronze
      I just tried playing the $1,000 freeroll and it was THE most horrendous online poker experience in my life.

I've experienced frustrating disconnections in the past, but it appears to be a regular occurrence on 888poker.

In the 30 minutes I was actually bothered about playing (i.e. before deciding being forced to fold >50% of my hands including KK was more than a minor annoyance and that listening to Bieber would be less annoying) I was disconnected at least 8 times. Might have been more because after being "reconnected" the server refused to acknowledge my frustrated "I AM BACK" clicking attempts on several occasions.

Oh, and after I finally managed to successfully dump my chips with ATC to get away from such an awful experience, I was disconnected/reconnected a futher 10+ times in quick succession.

18+ disconnects in just one hour is one of the reasons I won't be going anywhere near any MTT's on 888poker where there is a cash buy-in.

I'll be able to determine after playing the first depositor freeroll due to start soon whether playing freerolls on 888poker might actually be more painful and aggravating than, say, trying to cut off your limbs with a teaspoon.

One more thing I don't like about the software: there is no way to disable those annoying pop-ups telling you about tournaments that not only do you have no intention of playing but have such high buy-ins you'd have to make a deposit just to cover the fee.

John.
    • crowes
      crowes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by watfordjc

In the 30 minutes I was actually bothered about playing (i.e. before deciding being forced to fold >50% of my hands including KK was more than a minor annoyance and that listening to Bieber would be less annoying) I was disconnected at least 8 times. Might have been more because after being "reconnected" the server refused to acknowledge my frustrated "I AM BACK" clicking attempts on several occasions.

Same here. And other people at my table was complaining about that.
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i've been playing on 888 for about 7 months now and there have only been disconnection problems these last 24 hours, that's a very acceptable site performance in my book...hope it gets fixed soon though ;)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey,

Sorry for the inconvenience but 888 must be having server problems or something.
      I'm sure they are working on the situation at hand.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      I have played on 888poker for months now and never really had any disconnection problem.
    • onepark
      onepark
      Bronze
      arg i wish i can play but search early hours...
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      interesting thing those series but can be more opportunities to reach Main Event.Thanks.:)
      I have silly Q because I never played those satellites.I won 1 ticket in 10K GTD event on Dec 16.Any reason to me play more daily freerolls or 1,1 satellites? If I win new ticket I can't use in game ,right (no one let me have 2 seats in the same tournament) and I can't unregister and get money? Only reason play 1000 freeroll and try luck to get ticket in main event.Am I right?
      Thanks and GL
      :f_confused:
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Anyone can answer,please :)
      thanks.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey dallievas,

Sorry for the late reply. Your thread slipped through out butter fingers. hehe

Most Poker Sites give what they call Tournament$'s. So if you win 1 ticket, it will gain you entry into the next game. If you win x amount of tickets into the game you have already qualified, you will receive x amount of tickets x the BI and it will be credited as T$'s.

Best to contact your sites support though as every site is different.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      this question is answered in the comments on the news page:

No, it is important not to unregister here, as the ticket will get invalid through this. Therefore no conversion to $.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Many thanks guys :)