This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 SH - Rush - A3s - 2pair on turn - facing 2x overbet river

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.30)
      BB ($74.05)
      UTG ($29)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($116)
      Hero ($61.35)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 3:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, fold, Hero calls $1.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) T:heart: A:spade: 6:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4.25) T:heart: A:spade: 6:diamond: 3:spade:

UTG+1 bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

RIVER ($15.25) T:heart: A:spade: 6:diamond: 3:spade: 7:heart:

UTG+1 bets $27.50, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $14.50

villain 24/19/3 wts 26, 298 hands/ cb 64%
      villain cb's 2/3 of the time and I would expect him to cb Axx flop very often unless he has air and gives up. When he doesnt cb I think either trapping or giving up.
      Villain overbets turn when we hit two pair, so call is ok - raise possible but we cant stand a 3b.
      River looks like a fold to me, vs this big overbet without reads. I'm guessing AA or TT that hoped to check/R flop. If he has AK, I dont think he bets so much since theres almost nothing that can call.

any other thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

fold river is deffo possible according to villain's bet size.
      But I'm a showdown monkey and would call just to make a note on his play. ;-)
      AA, AT, TT, 66 and 89s are all possible but of course there are pure bluffs like missed backdoor-FDs and AK, AQ in his range (maybe).

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thing is I never have a super strong hand here, so villain shouldnt need to bet more than pot to get me off my hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would generally just b/f flop
      Don´t think he goes c/r too often, but he might easily c/c with KK-JJ or Tx
      And if he c/r then it is quite easy fold and you don´t loose that much value
      I would call his river overbet, it doesn´t make any sense to check flop and then start overbetting, since you can´t really have anything if you don´t bet flop, so he mostly want you to fold and he can really do that with anything that he decided to c/c or c/f flop