[NL2-NL10] NL10 Flush draw on flop

• Bizaxta
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($1.90)
      BB ($4.90)
      UTG ($6.75)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($7.20)
      MP2 ($10)
      MP3 ($10.80)
      CO ($2.25)
      Button ($10.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO checks, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.60) , , (7 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $0.6, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30?

Would it be alright to simply draw at the flush here or would it be smarter/better in terms of SSS to move in? fold?
  • 3 replies
    • harptom
      Do the math
      0.5 (limps + blinds)
      0.3 + 0.6
      1.4$ in the pot

you have 1.9 - .4
      = 1.5

you assume you are drawing to win, he could have a variety of hands (set of 2s,5s, and top pair all make sense) he could also have a higher flush draw.
      I would fold and wait for a stronger hand to push with. Smart thing to do would be to fold because you aren't pot commited, and the min raise means he wants to get all of his money in the pot being as he only needs to put 10% more of his stack in there. Meaning you are behind and maybe even your draw is worse then you think.
      SSS is mainly about waiting for strong hands and getting your money in the pot with them. The odds aren't there to call, and you definetly don't have a strong hand. Not even the nut drawing hand or 2nd, or 3rd for that matter.

Edit: I forgot to post the third option call, but I don't think thats an option. 1. Fold 2. All-in 3. Call.
      BSS you can call, not SSS.
    • Berliner1982
      You should have folded preflop, since T4s is no hand you even complete in the SB after 3 limpers. So stick to the strategy.

As played I would either check/raise All-In the field, or give up my hand. You only drawing for a J-high flush here, another stronger flushdraw is possible. If you would have folded, you would have avoided a situation like this.
    • Berliner1982
      PS: Calling is no option here on the flop. Like you played its either All-In or folding. Since a 4 or a T is no good out here either and the strenght of your hand is only marginal, I would prefer to fold here.