This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5sh AKs

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($5)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($5.05)
      MP ($3.83)
      CO ($1.98)
      Button ($5.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.25, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.55) 5, 4, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($1.55) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.55 | Rake: $0.07
      I gess I have no plan when playing poker
      bad flop to cbet so I check but then he bets really bad flop to raise anyway.
      could I c/c here for my overcards outs I gess no because I dont have 6clean outs.
      so c/f is best play here?

he is 49/0/2.3 of 80hands fold to flop cbet 56, fold to turn cbet 33
      vs missed cbet bets flop IP 70% (10)
      vs missed cbet bets Turn OOP 67% (7)
  • 2 replies
    • Smashie
      Smashie
      Bronze
      I would definitely have cbettet the flop there. If he raises (and you have no reads saying he bluff-raises the cbet on the flop on such a board) then i would just fold there. Bet-fold would be my standard play on the flop. On the turn one should take into account how villain plays. If he floats a lot or if he folds to a double barrel then it may be worth firing here, but i would most likely just play check/fold from this point on.

Note that i may very well be completely wrong and you should take my advice with a grain of salt :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

If you are still planning to Call the flop then why don't you CBet there? But against such opponents you can even Check/Fold sometimes because there are so loose and Calling a lot of CBets but as long you have only 80 hands on him, I would likely just CBet and hope to hit with my overcards. :f_biggrin:

Best regards.