Live coaching session question

• IronSulphide
      IronSulphide
      Bronze
      I was planning to watch one of the up-coming coaching sessions where I could observe an experienced player playing live. The following question occurred to me, "What mechanism is in place to prevent me from sitting at the same table and seeing his hand while playing"?
      I can't be the first person to think of this.
  • 7 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He IronSulphide,

definitively you should try to observe one of our live coaching sessions, they are great fun, a very little bit of of-topic but a great share of poker-wisdom. So you should definitively not miss out on them!

About collussion: We do clearly state in our coaching session that it is forbidden to sit at the same tables with the coaches. We work closely together with our partners - the poker-rooms, in order to track if a suspicious behaviour belongs to someone sitting in the coaching or if it is just a bad player. Our coaches are very experienced in detecting who is suspicious or not. However I hope you do understand that we can not publish all measures we take to prevent collussion.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi IronSulphide,

They have ways & means, that's all I'm saying at this stage lol ;)

On a serious note for a sec, you are quite right, it would be wrong and very inappropriate for any member to sit down on the same table as the coach whilst having the coaching window open. There are multiple warnings against this in every coaching session.

If it does happen to you whilst playing, please exit the coaching browser immediately and/or notify the coach what has happened and that you will be leaving the table at the finish of the current hand.

Anyone found to be misusing the coaching sessions or gaining an unfair advantage could be banned from all future sessions and possibly even from PokerStrategy as a whole depending on the circumstances.

Just not worth it my friend, afterall we are here to help you and that's worth much more than a few cents here and there ;)

Good luck and enjoy the coaching.

Bart

Edit: Oops beaten to it by the fast fingers of Sven :D
    • IronSulphide
      IronSulphide
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. I'm sure you realise that if I were intending to cheat I would not be daft enough to pre-announce it. It just seemed to me that this situation could occur, by accident or design.
      Enough said............I'll be certain to observe some sessions.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by IronSulphide
      Thanks for the replies. I'm sure you realise that if I were intending to cheat I would not be daft enough to pre-announce it. It just seemed to me that this situation could occur, by accident or design.
      Enough said............I'll be certain to observe some sessions.
      glad to hear that,see you there!
    • KGBMICK
      KGBMICK
      Bronze
      i want bronze status !! lol cant watch the coaching :)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      For reaching the Bronze status you need to accumulate one StrategyPoint by doing your own deposit or get our free $50 starting capital on one of our free $50 poker rooms:
      Where do you want to play with your starting capital?

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      May I add that there is one basic-coaching in our weekly schedule which you can also access by only having the basic-status. It's our NL BSS Basic-Coaching, taking place each Tuesday night, for more information check out http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/140150/