Do Pot Limit Tournaments really suck???

• WAXXMAXX
      WAXXMAXX
      Bronze
      Hi,

I accidentaly got into a PL Sit&Go Tournament and somehow decided to participate as I had already paid for it :) I even managed to survive until Heads Up.
      Now my problems starts: My Starting Hand was AA which I raised in the BB and got called, the Flop was A,9,5, -I bet again with my three of a Kind, the Turn is a J, i bet again and get called, now the River shows a 3 and I bet again and the other one Reraises me ALL INN so I called and he shows 2 4 for a Straight.
      In my oppinion do PL Tournaments suck because if I had been able to bet over the Limit he would never have called my three of a kind A with a Gutshot!!!!

What do you think
  • 8 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i think potlimit is not a cool game, and i dont understand the rules at all. Most important is, that it is not the Cadillac of poker.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi WAXXMAXX!

Your opponent made a mistake anyway. NL or PL doesn't matter in that particular hand. You played it correctly.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • WAXXMAXX
      WAXXMAXX
      Bronze
      I know that I played my Hand right. What I wanted to say is just that in my opinion this wouldn´t have happened ins an NL Tourney where I could have set him ALL INN at the Flop or the Turn.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      yes, i believe donkeys pay you off in NLHE, and less in limit games, but thats just my opinion.
    • TheNose
      TheNose
      Bronze
      whats your problem with his call?
      he made a clear mistake und you WANT HIM TO DO THIS!
      These are the opponents you gain most of your money from...

for sure, sometimes you will lose, but most of the time you get a huge payoff what is +++++++++++Ev for you ;)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      If PLHE SNG tournaments play so fast that you had enough chips to pot no less than 4 times and still have more behind for your opponent to raise all in for more than a few extra blinds (for the maths impaired, this means stacks of well over 50 big blinds, 54 big blinds being needed to pot four times heads up on four streets) when it got to heads up, then "suck" is hardly the word to describe them.

If you weren't potting against such an opponent, you should be cursing yourself rather than your opponent, the betting structure or the stars.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      PLHE tourns don't really affect my game until i get to late-game high blind : low stack ratio... can't really do an "unexploitable shove" if you can only raise to 1.5xBB first-in!
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WAXXMAXX
      Hi,

I accidentaly got into a PL Sit&Go Tournament
      Another lesson in table selection!

Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      Most important is, that it is not the Cadillac of poker.
      Ah, Cadillac, a second rate Rolls Royce, out of date and out of fashion, hopefully NL will eventually go the same way. :P

Pot Limit Omaha is the future!