New mouse required!

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I feel the need to vent and have no other means by which to do it. I've been grinding $2 SnGs and worked my $50 up to $330.

Every time I hit $330 I take a stab and play 2 $5s hoping to catch some cards and make a decent run at it, but the variance kicks me in the face. I have ran AK into Aces twice, Queens into Aces, AKo lost to AKo twice where he made a flush, and I continually place 3rd when I need 2nd to cash (6-max.) And heres the crazy part, I've only actually played 8 $5 SnGs.

The last AK vs AK loss resulted in me smashing my mouse off of the wall in frustration. I know I can beat that limit but desparately need variance to cut me some slack.

The most annoying part about this is that the money is irrelevant to me, i just want to prove that I can build a substantial bankroll from next to nothing, and genuinely improve my game. I have an Roi of 22% at $2 and if I'm honest I think the standard actually weaker at $5, to the point where I'm constantly in spots where I get repeatedly bingo'd by guys who, according to sharkscope, are losing hundreds of dollars regularly, even at these stakes.

Now I'm aware my same ple size is crap and all this stuff is standard standard standard, but I'm just frustrated that I can't catch a break when trying to move up a level.

Rant over!
  • 25 replies