This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Follow my journey trying to learn some Poker from the begining "again". My story and goals.NL+PLO

• TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      Hey Everybody! This is TheKingOfCasablanca. (not really the king :P )
      Anyways, I am a member at PokerStrategy since a long time and i have interduce myself at the swedish comunity (I live in Sweden but not from sweden). But just because I am not very good at swedish (neither english) so i decided to start reading articles in english and it seems like it is working good by now :) .
      PS: the numbers I write in $ is about. it is not exact. And I hope you will understand What I write... If you wonder about anything go ahead and ask.
      Now some info about me.
      Who is TheKingOfCasablanca?
      They call me Kalle here in Sweden and i am 22 years old. I have been playing poker now for like a year and a half.
      Why did I start playing Poker and when?
      I had friends who were playing poker and were talking too much about it, and that ppl could make real money from it, and they wanted me to try it so I gave it a shot in summer 2009 with my first deposit of 25$ at a swedish website called (Svenska Spel).
      What happened since I started playing poker?
      First off, when I made the deposit at Svenska Spel, I didnt have any idea about the BRM. so I started playing and in about 2 hours I made the 25$ to +70$. /new players luck/. I ate and came back to play and lost the whole BR. and all I was thinking about.. That was a bad beat... thats the only thing I WANTED to blame it on. not thinking that full house was better then my nutflush... But anyways, I liked poker so much so I decided I could play like 1hour aday if i have money otherwise i make deposit 1time a month and hoping it will be the last deposit.. what happened I lost it again. question is why? the answer is: BR! I didnt respect it.. I just played like with 5BI max. and I lost it in like a week... and then in September 2009 ( 3months of giving out money at poker). I found PokerStratgy... I believed I watched a video at youtube and found a link there to PokerStrategy. First I became a memeber and then decided to try the quiz without reading any article... I filed... so i tried it later (I dont remember exactly when i tried it again) but anyways I had to read BRM articles , BSS articles (CG) MTT articles. which i need to learn.
      I was playing freerolls in the internet winning at freerolls , losing it at cash game... untill November 2009.
      I was invited to a home game tournament (I dont know if i can call it a home game) anyways friends from work wanted to play a tournament BI: about 80$ with rake (550kr swedish kron). I played with them and won the first price ( 7000kr = 1000$). it was crazy... I bought a laptop with the money and made a deposit of 150$ at pokerstars... and lost it later because I couldnt just play one game, today I play MTT, later I play Omaha then jump to NLHE.... I was mixing games wich made me lose it...
      now in every month since November 2009, I play a live tournament. the thing is since November 2009 I won the first place 6 times, was in 2ed or 3ed 2 and was knocked out4times before the money. anyways that makes me +at least 6000$ from playing live . BI to tournments 80$ then i play cash game NL200. and players who play are between 24 to 30 players. 3 ITM. ( not like auckland at titan). with 3ITM makes the players who reach money win so much. anyways thats not the subject...
      Now as I said I am +6000$ live but losing and still losing at internet... now I play with a huge BR and still losing... I dont know what I am doing wrong. That's why I decided to stop playing poker at internet for a while and try to learn Poker. I like poker and I play it because it is funny. I just don't want it to be an expansive hobby, if you understand what i mean :) .

What I am planing to do now::
      I will
      • not play poker for a while.
      • Try to read at least one article aday so many times so I deeply understand it and could explain it for others...
      • watch my hand history and post hands that i have some wondering about here.
      • try to write here after every poker session I play with results and graphs.
      • make a deposit of 500$ at anywebsite and play with +100BI (to the game I will decide i will continue playing...) so playing MTT between 1$-5$ and try to learn poker from the ground..
      • Do my best to find a way to stop tilting which is not that easy.

Now That I wrote so much I need to bring this to an end. I hope that you understand anything of what I wrote here ( The reasen that I didnt make blogg at swedish comunity was because I don't trust my swedish...)
      some info about my BR:
      PokerStars : 55,86$
      888 Poker : 103,13$ (after wining 4$ from a freeroll i played it up to 103,13 mexing between MTT and PLOH)
      Titan Poker: 45$
      I have more accounts at diffent sites But I prefer PokerStars and 888Poker (too bad that Holdem Manager doesnt work at 888Poker).

Tools I am using: Holdem manager.

I don't know if the idea about playing at 1 website with 100BI is good or not. but I maybe get any suggestions from you guys :) .
      Thanks for your time :f_biggrin:
  • 5 replies
    • FeelIt1
      FeelIt1
      Bronze
      Hello! nice post,I hope you will beat the micros so fast. and first question - why do you thinking that HM doesn`t work with 888? I thing...no, I KNOW that it`s working ;) just read some FAQ`s on HM site if you have problems with soft.
    • TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      Well I have Holdem manager Holdem +Omaha. but It doesnt work at 888Poker. But I will read that FAQ later. Thanks for tips
    • TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      Hey again!
      I was wondering that questions since I wrote my first post at this blog. What shall I play? What sorts of game I am good at and which I shouldnt play.
      Somtimes, I play a session NL. then after playing about 400 hands I move to PLO and play like 400 hand there too and then start a SnG tournament with one or two MTTs. Thats maybe what makes me lose so much. When I play live I only play MTT. But at internet I am playing like everything... (cash game, i play PLO better then NL) and comparing my game SnG or MTT, I play MTT better.
      Now, I was thinking If I could give each game a chance, maybe play Omaha for one month and not mix it with anyother game, next month play Holdem and not mix it ... Sng, and then MTTs and each one I play it for one month, or maybe instead of playing a game for a month I maybe should say like I play 20k NL hands, 20k PLO hands and 100 Sng/MTT and then show the result.
      I maybe play PLO and MTT at 888Poker/PokerStars and Ipoker network. NL 888Poker. using Holdem manager and posting result whenever i play like 10k hands :) . I dont think it is good to post whenever I play a session but I better post after 10K hands.
      well, I need an advice when it comes to choose the game I should play... any advice I would be happy to follow.
      Thanks again.
    • TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Since the 12th November I played 17 hours. mixing it between PLO2 - PLO10 4 tables. and then I played for one hour 1 table NL10.

NL10 session:

I played so much PLO but I decided to play only one hour at NL tables. and I thought one table will be good, so I could focus more at the game and players. (Of course I use HEM too.. But numbers are not enough.)
      Most players at table were tight/passive, So I decided to play more loose and agressiv :) . and just play carefull.

While playing I saw that player his stats was (10/2/2.3) call a 3bet raise preflop with JJ while he was at BTN. take a look at the hand.
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.56)
      BB ($6)
      UTG ($5.26) 13/7/1.0
      Hero ($10.19)
      UTG+2 ($26.22)
      MP1 ($9.40)
      MP2 ($5.90)
      CO ($14.89)
      BTN ($9.47) 10/2/2.3

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: 4:club:

UTG raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.15) 9:club: J:club: 5:heart:

UTG bets $1.15, BTN raises to $5, UTG calls $3.61 (AI)

TURN ($10.67) 9:club: J:club: 5:heart: J:diamond:

RIVER ($10.67) 9:club: J:club: 5:heart: J:diamond: 6:club:

BTN shows J:spade: J:heart:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 89.8%, Turn 100.0%)

UTG shows K:spade: K:heart:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 10.2%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN wins $10.14

I wrote a note at him to remember the way he played his hand so I could use it later. and you know what? it happened.
      As I said I had to player looser because of the way those guys played. my stat was 34/22. and again against the same player BTN the following hand :

NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.75)
      BB ($9.99)
      Hero ($13.81) 34/22
      UTG+1 ($10.78)
      CO ($10.46)
      BTN ($13.25) 10/2/2.3

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold
      raising the same amount as I usually do when I make a raise, But my raise from UTG tells maybe that i have a big hand. anyways the BTN made the call. Now he could make call with any Axs or any pocket par.

FLOP ($0.95) 3:heart: T:spade: 4:heart:

Hero bets $0.71, BTN raises to $1.42, Hero raises to $5.21, BTN calls $3.79
      I made c-bet, as the flop didn't seem to be any dangerous. my cbet was 3/4 the pot as I usually do. now I got a minireraise wich made me think for a while wich hands could he reraise me with?.
      Hands that it is impossible he made call preflop with (10 3s, 10 4s, 3 4s, 5 6s for stright draw..)
      hands that has me crushed (44,33,1010).
      Hands that are drawing (A :heart: 10 :heart: or any Axs)
      Anyways I thought for a while and decided to reraise him, so if he reraise me all in, then i better fold it. he made a call (me like, slowplaying hmmm).

TURN ($11.37) 3:heart: T:spade: 4:heart: K:club:

Hero bets $8.20 (AI), BTN calls $7.64 (AI)
      The turn came the K that I need, and against a player that are tight passiv (check/call)... I decided to move all in. presenting AA or AK. and yeah it was a blixt call with his set.

RIVER ($26.65) 3:heart: T:spade: 4:heart: K:club: 5:club:

the river was very nice for me. :) and I took the pot.
      BTN shows 4:spade: 4:diamond:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 2.3%)

Hero shows K:spade: K:diamond:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 97.7%)

Hero wins $25.32

The only thing I say I was really lucky that the K came on the turn. But a lesson that i learned, I maybe should raise/call against tight passiv players. and dont call thier hugebets. because they are playing with nuts...
      the session that I played was 96hands and i made a profit +14.18$

Next time I update my blogg I will talk about PLO. I have played 2000hands at PLO and made a profit +93$
      I will show hands and grafs.. so dont miss it :s_cool:
    • TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      a nice hand from PLO10
      PL Omaha $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($14.86)
      ($16.44)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: Q:spade: 8:spade: 5:heart:

raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.40) 9:spade: A:club: T:spade: