This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 44 NL25, set on the river

• partane
      partane
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($33.32)
      BB ($42.21)
      Hero ($39.83)
      CO ($145)
      BTN ($49.62)

BB antes $0.05
      Hero antes $0.05
      CO antes $0.05
      BTN antes $0.05
      SB antes $0.05

Dealt to Hero 4:spade: 4:heart:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.10) Q:club: 6:heart: 8:spade:

Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

TURN ($4.70) Q:club: 6:heart: 8:spade: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($4.70) Q:club: 6:heart: 8:spade: T:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $6, BTN raises to $18.50, Hero folds

BTN wins $15.87

VPIP/PFR/Steal/3-bet Steal
      3-bet/Fold 3-bet/ Call 3-bet/ 4-bet
      AF/C-bet/ Fold to C-bet/WTSD/Hands

22/17/100/0
      0/-/-/-
      1.8/100/0/20/18
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I can never b/f river, since our hand looks a lot like air or maybe two pair hand and I think he can raise river for value two pair or also bluff sometimes.
      So to me easy b/c
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I can never b/f river, since our hand looks a lot like air or maybe two pair hand and I think he can raise river for value two pair or also bluff sometimes.
      So to me easy b/c
      I disagree, I think it is -EV to bet/call against this opponent. I made a overbet because my hand looks lot like air, but I think that most of the opponents in NL25 don't bluff overbets on river. I hoped that he calls with Qx or something like that.

Two Pairs would bet turn if it's not 64 and I don't believe he had that. He probably had 75. IMO Opponent raises only straights on river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by partane
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      So to me easy b/c
      I disagree, I think it is -EV to bet/call against this opponent. I made a overbet because my hand looks lot like air, but I think that most of the opponents in NL25 don't bluff overbets on river. I hoped that he calls with Qx or something like that.

Two Pairs would bet turn if it's not 64 and I don't believe he had that. He probably had 75. IMO Opponent raises only straights on river.
      Somehow I really like your line because for me it's defintiely Bet/Fold on the river if you are going to overbet so big. But otherwise I would act accordingly his raise, for example I would bet out like $3 and then depending on his raise I act accordingly, if the raise is way too big I often also prefer to fold but against a smaller one I call, I think that's what Kaitz actually was thinking.