This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 shove

• matusko
      matusko
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.53
      BU:
      $5.32
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB (Hero):
      $5.66
      MP2:
      $13.75
      MP3:
      $5.14

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.17, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.55, BU calls $0.38.

Flop: ($1.12) J, 5, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BU calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.62) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.36, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.62.

was the shove on the turn ok? When i think about it i dont really like it because im only giong to get called by better(still have the flush draw).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello matusko,

Yeah, I would just make a normal bet and shove my moneyz on river, it's hard him to Call there with worse hands but betting smaller you might get called by a smaller PP or a draw.

Best regards.
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      well played, IMO.

If you bet 2/3 pot and your opponent calls. You will probably be in very difficult situation in river.

There is much bad cards you don't wan't to see in river. like any :spade: , 3, 6, A

So I would say it is easier to shove in turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by partane
      well played, IMO.

If you bet 2/3 pot and your opponent calls. You will probably be in very difficult situation in river.

There is much bad cards you don't wan't to see in river. like any :spade: , 3, 6, A

So I would say it is easier to shove in turn.
      The reason is that only a very loose opponent would Call there with some draw but we want him to make the mistake and Call there if we bet smaller and we also have a lot of outs what could help us. Flushdraw, 2pair type of hands or trips or whatever. I wouldn't be that worried about that.