SB ($54.55)
      BB ($62.80)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($111)
      UTG+2 ($32.15)
      Hero ($50)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3.50, fold, SB calls $3.25, fold, fold

FLOP ($8.50) T:diamond: J:heart: J:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6

TURN ($20.50) T:diamond: J:heart: J:diamond: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.50) T:diamond: J:heart: J:diamond: 4:heart: 3:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB raises to $45.05 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $32.85

UTG+1 is a whale :s_evil: , Villain is a reg playing 16 tables and I have him at 10/9/2.8AF over 358 hands.

Hello,

I just finished a session and I was very unhappy with my play in this hand. I think I played way too weak and should have bet the turn for sure. My river bet looks really weak as well which is probably why he shoved. I think his raise looks like a bluff and I probably would have called against anyone else, but I was really confused as this guy generally seems like a nit.

My thoughts at the time were that I didn't really want to play a huge pot with this guy so I thought I would check behind and call his river bet. When he checks the river again I figured he probably had a busted draw or a smaller pair and wanted to see a showdown hence my stupid bet.

I think my bad line selection put me in a tough spot here. What do you think he can have in this situation? How would you play this hand?

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      10/9 doesn´t really coldcall 3-bet with AJ, so I won´t really worry too much him having Jx. he may have there TT, but he can also call us down QQ or having some kind of draw himself, then I´d b/c turn with KK and going 3 streets for value
      If you want to go to pot control then it is fine, but then you have to b/c river, since you´re really never have there Jx+, so he can shove himself there QQ or sometimes busted draws, which would make river quite easy b/c