[NL2-NL10] nl5sh KQ TP deepstacked

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($5.63)
      Hero (UTG) ($7.73)
      MP ($12.34)
      Button ($12.50)
      SB ($12.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, Q
      Hero bets $0.15, MP calls $0.15, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.52) 8, Q, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.32) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75

River: ($2.82) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

Total pot: $6.32 | Rake: $0.30
      on turn I was I afraid to get raise so I bet half pot at river I dont want to get raise so me plan was to call
      he is 19/0/0.3 of 21 hands
  • 2 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      as played, it does look like 8x is part of his range, but there are several other hands that this player might choose to turn into a bluff on the river, such as T9, J9, QJ, Spade Draw etc. so i dont really mind the calldown on the river.

However, i'm not really a fan of your bet sizing throughout the hand.

Preflop, since we are deep, i like to raise a little more to give our opponents worse reverse implied odds, so i make a standard 4bb open here.

Flop cbet is fine, i dont mind your bet sizing here either.

Turn card is a blank, and the board isn't completely dry so i think betting again here is fine, i personally would probably bet somewhere in the range of $1.05 to $1.15 here to protect our hand against draws. if we get raised here on the turn, i think we have a fairly standard fold as i doubt a passive player such as this is going to raise on the turn with worse.

on the river, JT got there but everything else missed. if villain has a hand such as T9 he might actually think he is good here when we check, plus if we bet i don't think we get called often with worse, so i don't mind a check/call here. villains bet size on the river does look a little bad for us, it's the sort of bet i would expect him to put out there with JT, assuming he's superbad and chased his gutshot that far.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Heffron89,

I like your line except I would likely bet a bit bigger on turn, ~$1. Letting the villain to bluff-bet on river for villain is a good idea, he wont likely Call your 3rd barrel but more likely he can betout there with somekind of draw he had on flop.

Best regards.