Table selection

• NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      i play on FT and when i start up a session my lobby is in basic view and i simply hit 'play 6 max now' etc and it puts me into a table.....i read an article recently on the importance of table selection......could someone enlighten me on what i should be looking for when joining tables?? because i dont know the players i just have to assume every1 is equal until i play against them and just take the first free seat i can find!thanks...

Neil
  • 11 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      If you can't spot the fish when you sit down, then you are the fish :f_biggrin:
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello!

Table selection is indeed very important. Things I always look out for are:

- High VPIP average
      - Players with less than 100bb
      - High average pot size (not as important)
      - Known fish on table (I recommend tagging all fish you play with)

You can make a favorite on FT and set the minimum VPIP ect and it will filter out many of the bad tables for you.

Hope it helps.
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      1. In lobby you choose tables with big average pot, and big percentage of players/ hand. More players with stack less than 100BB better for you.
      2. Look if you have notes on players at the table.
      3. Look at the stacks. Players with less than 100BB stacks are usually not regulars and play somewhat fishy.
      4. Look at position of shortstacks at the table. You don't want to have 2-3 shortstacks to your right.
      5. Play a couple of hands. After 2-3 orbits you can usually see how many fish are at the table and what's the kind of their fishiness. You want agressive and loose fish to your right. You want tight players to your left.
      6. If you think your table isn't suitable for you, leave and find another table.

Sometimes you can spend a lot of time by finding a suitable table, but it can improve your winrate a lot so it's definately worth it.
    • NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      thanks guys.......its easy to spot fish when ur playing but then ur sorta moving around alot to eventually find a good table...but all worth it i guess!
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Just recently read that article to.

Its really helped me as I was doing the same just auto sitting at any four tables. Its something I did know before but where I played PKR for ages there wasn't much choice of full ring cash so any table would do

If your using HEM take out the free trial for the table scanner, only been using it few days and Im defo going to buy at the end :D

:s_thumbsup:
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler

- Known fish on table (I recommend tagging all fish you play with)

You can make a favorite on FT and set the minimum VPIP ect and it will filter out many of the bad tables for you.

Hope it helps.
      How do you tag players on Full Tilt?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      to explain it in the best manner would be:

you want position on th fish, and the nits to act after you.

ideal situation:

you have two nits to your left and most of the fish to your right.

you are on the button.

thus the nits are on on the blinds and will fold them too much.

you also are in an amazing spot to play pots in position against the weak players.

:s_cool:
    • Janchiks97
      Janchiks97
      Bronze
      Look for stacks under 100BB ? ?( All my life I was looking for tables with players on full stack, damn :f_mad:
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello again.

@breena

On full tilt I have red as my "fish" colour and just make note everytime I play one. Then when searching for tables if I see a player with a red note I know he's a fish Ive played with before.

@Janchiks97

Back when there were shortstackers you wouldn't want to buy into a table where everyone had 20bb. However now that you have to buy in for 40bb at the normal tables the good shortstackers are gone, and someone playing with less than 100bb is generally a recreational player/fish.
    • Janchiks97
      Janchiks97
      Bronze
      yeah, iv noticed that there are no more 20BB shortstackers. I play on Betfair, and there are tons of tables with 3 of them at a table ( 5 max ). Ill give it a shot later to play against them :)
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler

On full tilt I have red as my "fish" colour and just make note everytime I play one. Then when searching for tables if I see a player with a red note I know he's a fish Ive played with before.
      Yeah ok thanks Halier, I do already do that just thought there was a tag list I was missing somewhere. No probs this will do :s_biggrin: