how to play low pocket pairs preflop SH?

• Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      hi,

1) the ORC chart SH says to raise pf:
      -88 and higher UTG
      -66 and higher MP
      -22 CO and later positions

now UTG and MP i call lower pocket pairs for set value following the FR chart Call15 rule.

from CO on:

what is the proper strategy when there are 1 or more limpers in front?
      call, Call 15? or raise pf to get more value when u hit a set on the flop?

2) if im not mistaken there is a rule now to post no more than 2 sample hands to the appropriate board, can someone confirm this?
  • 4 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I always raise first in any pockets from any position in SH. If I'm CO then I usually raise any pocket if there is max 1 limper. low/mid pockets I just call if there are 2 or more limpers when I'm at CO.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Floating!

You can post 10 hands per day. There is no "2 hands" rule. Concerning the pocket pairs: for a beginner I recommend to play according to the chart and just limp low pocket pairs from the CO if there are limpers. You should follow the call15 rule. But if you get more experience also raising every pocket pair from every position and raising it from CO after one limper is an option.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      hi,

it probably wont make a difference, but just for clarity's sake:

with 'from CO on' i meant CO and later positions.

for Pushkin:

-the chart you are mentioning here is the FR chart i suppose as the SH chart does not deal with cases with limpers in front.

-"But if you get more experience also raising every pocket pair from every position and raising it from CO after one limper is an option."
      what experience is needed here?
      -how to judge where your lower set might be dominated by possible higher hands
      -judge the situations where u expect to be the only one holding a (low) pair?
      -or is the ease at which the one limper might fold a deciding factor here?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Experience means that you feel comfortable with shorthanded play on your limit, have played a certain number of hands (at least 15-20k) and would like to vary your game a bit more. If you flop a set you don't think about being dominated. Set over set happens from time to time, but it's very seldom. Get your money in! If you are raising small pocket pairs preflop, the playing stayle of your opponents is important. Make sure that they are not too loose and aggressive because you need some fold equity.
      When raising with a small pocket pair preflop you have three ways to win the hand:
      - raise and everyone folds preflop
      - raise, get one caller and win the pot with a continuation bet
      - raise, get a caller, flop a set and win the hand

If you don't hit your set and your continuation bet is called (or you have more than one opponent on the flop and don't make a c-bet), you simply fold your hand.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81