[NL2-NL10] Two hands: against same villan

• Aizeral
      Aizeral
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10.61)
      UTG ($12.07)
      MP ($12.11)
      CO ($10)
      Button ($8.23)
      Hero (SB) ($15.44)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
      3 folds, Button bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, Button calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) J, 7, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, Button calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.70) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($8.70) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, Button calls $3.93 (All-In)

Total pot: $16.56 | Rake: $1.10

No read on the villan whatsoever.

So to explain my rationale: preflop - easy reraise. Flop - bet to see where I was at this point. I put him on A+weak kicker, JT, QJ, KJ. Excluded AJ, AQ, AK as I would have expected a raise on the flop.

I guess it all comes down to the turnplay. Was initially thinking c/f here, but his bet sizing threw me off a little. 1) offered me better odds (3:1, and I felt I had nice implied odds as i felt hed pay me off on the river if i hit due to his short stack size). 2) I wouldve expected a raise of ~3.20 if he had the ace.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($10.81)
      BB ($12.07)
      UTG ($12.11)
      MP ($10)
      CO ($10)
      Hero (Button) ($22.52)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, A
      2 folds, CO bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) K, 10, 8 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.95) 7 (2 players)
      CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.95) 4 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Total pot: $8.95 | Rake: $0.59

Bear in mind this is against the same villan: he showed down 7Ts for the previous hand, so I bore this in mind for this time round. He made what I seen as a steal, and I attempted to resteal. He obviously predictably called.

Not sure how I played here. Should I have bet out on the flop given my marked preflop aggression? Given his check after me, I was happy to full the K out his fairly wide hand range - I wouldve expected a raise if he had hit.

Turn - Given the previous hand we played, I felt at most he had bottom pair. I had the flush draw and once again, with the added bonus of a small read on the player, I was comfortable that he would once again pay off if that hit. I thought he either had a bottom pair or a bluff, so given these two facts I was confident that an A,J,Q or club came out I would win the hand (18 cards by my reckoning). So that gave odds of roughly 2:1 that I would hit, which of course he was *nearly* offering with his $1 bet on the turn. The implied odds swayed things further in my favour.

River - easy bet.

Anyway, thats my thinking. Critique away.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Aizeral,

First of all, please don't post most than 1 hand into 1 thread. :(

Hand #1
      As long we don't have any reads on the villain I'd prefer to fold on turn, we ain't getting correct implied odds. If you plan to Call yourself then just 2nd barrel there.

Hand #2
      After you had such a read, that he is even capable of Calling with weaker pairs here or even looser then checking back on flop is somehow fine. Otherwise, well played.

Best regards.
    • Aizeral
      Aizeral
      Bronze
      Sorry dude, didnt realise but duly noted from herein. Thanks nonetheless.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Aizeral
      Sorry dude, didnt realise but duly noted from herein. Thanks nonetheless.
      Np, you are welcome.