NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($40.75)
      Hero ($79.50)
      UTG ($85.25)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($122)
      BTN ($171)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5, UTG+1 calls $3.25

FLOP ($10.25) 7:diamond: 6:spade: 4:spade:

Hero bets $7.25, UTG+1 calls $7.25

TURN ($24.75) 7:diamond: 6:spade: 4:spade: 5:spade:

Hero bets $17.50, UTG+1 raises to $37.75 (AI), Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $56.80

villain is a reg 16/14/5 wts 32/ 449 hs. Im not sure about turn here. I want to be repping v strong hands with decent sized bet on drawy bd but I give villain perferct stack size to shove over me and he can probably do this with TT/JJ/QQ if he has a :spade: . Obv also AsKs is possible (though maybe he flats on turn?) or even AsKx... Im pretty crushed by his range so I have to fold.

Question is whether the turn barrel is going to be +EV by itself.

Any thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      What's his range for calling your 3bet? I'd say most villains that play like him will have their range dominated by PPs which do decently well on that flop. So your cbet is unlikely to succeed very often.

As played do you think a player like him can fold an overpair on the turn? Otherwise there isn't much your double barrel can do.

Personally, in this example, I'd be inclined to give up on the flop with our hand (unless we have some reads about his range and or tendencies postflop)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tim64,

As you said you are playing against a regular, so often most of the cases he will have a PP there, higher one, unless you guys were having some kind of fight earlier but very often I expect him to have a PP here.

And in such situations and as long it's a 3bet pot and a CBet would cost for us way too much, against such an opponent I would likely consider even skipping the CBet.

As played
      Definitely giving up on turn, I don't see any reason to continue, he wont give up his OP there.

Best regards.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, thanks - missing Cbet didn't occur to me as I wouldn't not cb with AA/KK/QQ which are the hands I'm trying to rep.

But maybe you are right - he knows I cb my entire range in 3b pot so he's got no reason to give up on this board.

If I don't cb, the pot is smaller and I feel less inclined to fight over it by barreling turn which is expensive, so good advice.

p.s. It's good to get some extra judges' opinions for this busy forum - it's been noticed! :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Ok, thanks - missing Cbet didn't occur to me as I wouldn't not cb with AA/KK/QQ which are the hands I'm trying to rep.

But maybe you are right - he knows I cb my entire range in 3b pot so he's got no reason to give up on this board.

If I don't cb, the pot is smaller and I feel less inclined to fight over it by barreling turn which is expensive, so good advice.

p.s. It's good to get some extra judges' opinions for this busy forum - it's been noticed! :P
      Yep, I have always prefered to have more than one opinion. :) Some spots are just made for discuss not only with one player. That's why I use sweat sessions, they are very good, meanwhile you play you can discuss hands and can get tips or even find leaks.