This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 sh AQ vs fish IP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($25)
      CO ($41.19)
      Hero (Button) ($25.89)
      SB ($25.35)
      BB ($8.07)
      UTG ($41.37)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 10, Q, 10 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($7.10) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.10) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $4.57 (All-In)

Total pot: $16.24 | Rake: $0.81

Results below:
      Hero had Q, A (two pair, Queens and tens).
      BB had 10, 8 (three of a kind, tens).
      Outcome: BB won $15.43

Should I vbet or cb the river ?
      Villain is 66/22/1.6 over 32 hands

LE: Ty guys :s_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      close, but I think you can check behind. when villain raises this flop its either:
      badly played overpair (KK/AA), Tx, or Qx or small pocket pair trying to find out where he stands, or - lastly - pure air.

On river, if you bet, you only get called by (KK/AA), Tx, or Qx and since of Qx there are only a few worse combos that can call (QK,QJ) overall I think you dont get called by worse hands often enough.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If you are going to bet a street after he check I'd prefer to bet the turn. On the turn he could still have gutshots/oesds that can call you (on top of Qx and JJ type hands).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

I would definitely Bet the turn if I even planning on betting, what's your plan anyways for example if he bets out? Do you want to go broke? If so then you can even consider against such a fish put your money in on flop but I don't mind to make the Call and shove my moneyz on turn. He could have there a lot wider range than only Tx, his stack+fish = money in on turn.

Best regards.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ah, had not seen stack sizes. I guess going broke here is no big mistake then, even though these minR are often trips on paired bd :rolleyes: