This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Roi% In Hu Sng

• 3 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Hey,

My ROI% in HU SNG's is 52% is that Decent?
      I'm also guessing you have played less than 200 S&G's? Come back when you have played 1,000 or 2,000
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey antstuk.

I suspect it will be a sample size thing (ie a 50%ROI in 4 SnGs v 50% in 250k SnGs).

How many have you played, what limits? Then someone who knows what they're talking about may come and give you some feedback.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      A ROI of 52% would be fantastic. I don't know that the games are so soft that you can sustain that, but there are many very bad players who don't know what they are doing heads-up in the lowest stakes HUSNGs available.

In the short run, anything can happen. You can have a large skill advantage and lose several in a row. You might be a break-even player, but run far above expectation for many tournaments. A useful idea is the confidence interval which tells you roughly how far the true ROI can be from the observed value without this being surprising. After n heads-up tournaments, a rough 95% confidence interval for your ROI is 190%/squareroot(n). So, if you have played 100 tournaments with an ROI of 10%, you can say that you are confident that your true ROI is between -9% and +29%.