APPT Cebu

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      In case anyone cares, Day 1B was today attracting something like 136 runners. From pokerstrategy, Yoghii, caroline (yoghii's girlfriend), Simon (the swedish one who cashed in WSOP) and I played.

I think 6 levels will be played today. I busted near the end of level 4 (details to come afterwards), Yoghii is at around 24k (20k starting stack) and Simon is at around starting stack. Caroline is doing the best out of all of us, with roughly 64k. Caroline told me about a big hand she played where she flopped a straight with KJ on QT9. After a lot of betting and raising, she got it in against top 2 pair, with a third player apparently openmucking and folding TT.

In my bustout hand, after having recently been moved to a new table I call a UTG raise of 1100 9-handed with blinds at 150/300/25 with red AA. Flop comes 865 :spade: :spade: . Villain checks, I bet 1600, he calls. Turn comes a 2 :spade: . Villain check/raises my 4100 bet to 9600 with about 13k stacks behind. I call. River comes an offsuit K. Villain checks, and I valueshove, with villain calling pretty quickly with Q :spade: T :spade: .

Oh well, Cebu is a great place and now I get a couple days to enjoy it :) .
  • 18 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      You're in Cebu, LOL
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      You're in Cebu, LOL
      You're jealous!

Caroline and me both made day 2, I have 44050 chips and she has 44475 so I got owned :(
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      If u ll by any chance come across sick baller villa close to awesome beach for relatively affordable price for longterm rent... let me know :P

Good luck to both of you obv:P
    • HenrikX
      HenrikX
      Bronze
      I busted too. Screwed up one hand, big time, and was down to ~10BB. Pushed ATo from BU with 11BB over CO raise. Got called by J8s which turned a straight and I was out. Agree with chenny8888, don't feel too bad about having some time off over here.

GL to Caroline and Yoghi then. Crush'em :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Go Go Caroline :)

Oh and you too Yoghi :tongue:

Bart
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      You're in Cebu, LOL
      You're jealous!
      As I understand it, Auckland and Cebu are almost identical, except for the weird accents.

Caroline and me both made day 2, I have 44050 chips and she has 44475 so I got owned :(
      Like you weren't already?! :f_rolleyes:

Oh, and shipit LDO. :s_cool:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      You're in Cebu, LOL
      You're jealous!

So am I ! Cebu look great from what i've seen from PS video so busting out early isn't the worst thing that can happen i guess :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I busted :(
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      If you guys are interested to come visit me, I'm in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia at the moment, just a very short flight from Cebu. Free rooms ;)
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Gooo Caro :f_grin:

Please tell me this was you (Hachem was on your table, right?):

6:45pm: Hachem sunk on the river
      Our last Team PokerStars Pro has been eliminated as Tony Hachem was just bundled out of the tournament in dramatic fashion.

Faced with a bet of 4,500 on a flop of 8♣T♦J♣, Hachem moved all in with A♣6♣ for the nut flush draw as his opponent showed J♠T♣ for top two pair.

Hachem screamed in delight when the 2♣ hit the turn to complete his flush, but this hand wasn't over quite yet. There was an equally loud shriek of "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when the dealer revealed the J♦ on the river to give his opponent a full house and the pot.

"Why does this keep happening to me?!?" exclaimed Hachem in dismay before shaking the hands of each of his tablemates and departing the tournament floor.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      LOL, Cebu...... ;(
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      how are you not here, Hannes? FISH imo
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by IcMean
      Gooo Caro :f_grin:

Please tell me this was you (Hachem was on your table, right?):

6:45pm: Hachem sunk on the river
      Our last Team PokerStars Pro has been eliminated as Tony Hachem was just bundled out of the tournament in dramatic fashion.

Faced with a bet of 4,500 on a flop of 8♣T♦J♣, Hachem moved all in with A♣6♣ for the nut flush draw as his opponent showed J♠T♣ for top two pair.

Hachem screamed in delight when the 2♣ hit the turn to complete his flush, but this hand wasn't over quite yet. There was an equally loud shriek of "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when the dealer revealed the J♦ on the river to give his opponent a full house and the pot.

"Why does this keep happening to me?!?" exclaimed Hachem in dismay before shaking the hands of each of his tablemates and departing the tournament floor.

I wish :P . This is Tony. It was Joe Hachem at my table.

I am still in. Got 120k, avg is 140k. Still 35 in, 28 ITM. Gogogo

Caroline
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      ^ did you ask chenny for tips to pwn Joe Hachem?
    • tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      damn i should be there, if not becoz of losing to 2nd place satelite!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by tonduluboy
      damn i should be there, if not becoz of losing to 2nd place satelite!
      +1 :f_biggrin:
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      gogo caroline! plz don't nit the bubble, rape it so you can win the tourn! :D
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      is caroline out? don't see her name in the chip counts no more.

just read the report.. :(

PokerStarsBlog: A day of massive swings for Belgian Caroline De Weerdt has come to an end at the hand of the overnight chip leader, Kim Gab Yong. Kim opened pre-flop from two off the button for 15,000, with De Weerdt calling the raise in position. Kim continued for 21,000 on an 8-high flop, 7♣8♠2♠, and De Weerdt came right along with him to the K♠ turn. That seemed like a card that might slow Kim down but he fired again for 26,000. De Weerdt opted to raise all in for 150,000 and was snap-called by Kim, who turned up J♠4♠ for a made flush. De Weerdt showed A♠8♦, a pair of 8s and the nut flush draw. The river ran red, 9♦, to send De Weerdt packing and push another pot in Kim's direction.