SnG MTT for noob

• herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      Hello
      I'd like to ask You how to start learning SnG play- my goal is to play 45m, maybe 180m turbo on P*?

Can I start from 45m or should i play some STT to find out how to use ICM?

What setting put in SnG wizz to take quizes for 45m?

I'll start playing with 200BI.
  • 3 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Welcome.

Even if your goal is to play 180 player SNGs, you may want to play STTs first. Your play at the final table of a 180 is important, but you don't get much practice while you play 180s. In addition, you get more rapid feedback on how well you are playing in STTs. It takes fewer STTs to get a good estimate of your ROI, the tournaments take less time to play, and you might find the STTs fill quickly at all hours.

I'm afraid I don't recommend the quiz feature of SNG Wizard. The problem is that the default ranges of SNG Wizard are bad. They aren't always loose or tight. There are errors in each direction. On the same hand, SNG Wizard can give some of your opponents unrealistically tight calling ranges while it gives others unrealistically wide overcalling ranges. SNG Wizard sometimes overestimates the chance that your opponents will collide if you fold, and sometimes underestimates it.
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      I think i'll play 45m.
      So as you said - now i'll start at STT, then move to 45m, but i think i'll do this on FTP because of RB :)

If You dont recommend SnG wizz what is the best tool for learning ICM before play?
      Is ICM trainer better than SnGwizz quizes?

Originally posted by pzhonThis post has been edited 1287 time(s), it was last edited by pzhon: Today, 01:04.
      LOL!!! :D How can You travel in time?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I think ICM Trainer is a much better tool for quizzing yourself than SNG Wizard. It's not perfect, and it sometimes asks questions about odd situations where players have open-pushed for 40 bb, but the ranges reflect the risk aversions and positions of the players much more realistically than the default ranges in SNG Wizard.