This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - AKs facing 3b pre

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($49)
      BB ($50.75)
      UTG ($82.40)
      Hero ($60.10)
      CO ($65.95)
      BTN ($48.25)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, CO raises to $5.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $3.75

FLOP ($11.75) 6:club: Q:club: A:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $7, Hero calls $7

TURN ($25.75) 6:club: Q:club: A:spade: T:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $13, Hero calls $13

RIVER ($51.75) 6:club: Q:club: A:spade: T:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $35, Hero calls $34.60 (AI)

villain 21/19/2 wts 35, 3b 9
      No specific reads except that villain 3b me with AA previously to 11bb and then shoved his whole 120bb stack over my 4b. (i.e. We could 4b but I think he's not going broke pre for 120bb ever with AQ)

On flop, is it a mistake to commit to our hand? If we commit, is passive ch/call down best to keep in the bluffs? On the river, we're not beating much other than bluffs but I decided that since board is pretty scary comptetent villain could bet 3 streets here expecting me to fold AK, JJ, KK by the river

thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would very often b/c AK ip especially when they 3-bet my UTg open, but oop I would prefer 4-bet and get it all-in
      Although they dot really 3-bet AQ and call shove, I widen my 4-bet value range and can also add quite a lot of Ax bluffs against aggressive opponents. So they don´t really 3-bet me that much, but rather flat my open raises, which suits me more.
      Postflop: don´t think players are making there 2 or 3 barrel bluffs, so imo best to play your hand is c/r flop for value and call shove or if you c/c flop then c/rai turn. As played: calldown is fine, you´re hand is too strong to fold his river shove especially when he is likely shoving for value also AK