[NL2-NL10] J8s from BB

• Alficor1
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 8:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,32) 6:diamond: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,3, Hero raises to $0,70, CO calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,72) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,11, CO calls $1,11.

River: ($3,94) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $3,94

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, nines and sixes (9h 9c)
      Hero shows (Js 8s)

CO wins with two-pair, nines and sixes (9h 9c)

I should have folded preflop, but what do you think about the way i played it? I raised the flop and bet turn because i thought i had some fold equity as well.. When he called the flop, i though that he has either two random overcards he doesnt wanna give up yet or a pair. When he called turn i was pretty sure he had a pair, so on the river i just gave up, i dont think he would have folded if i pushed.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Alficor1,

Preflop: I don't like the Call that much, I'd prefer to 3bet there against a stealer.

As played
      Flop: As you Called preflop then you have to search such ways as Check/Raise flop or something to make the calling of such hands profitable.
      Turn: As long he didn't give it up, I might very often just consider even giving up here but if you want to continue the hand anyway then you can likely 2nd barrel thats much better than Check/Calling but usually I consider him just checking behind most of the weak hands.

Best regards.