This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My first post - Confused about WTS Value

• rarama
      rarama
      Bronze
      This is my first post and hopefully this is the right category for my question (if not can someone let me know which category this question should go to).

I was surfing the net about "WTS" and saw a site that a value of 25-30 is what most profitable players have. Lower than that you're folding too much, higher than that you're calling too much. But on the Elephant Software that value is considered "often/too often" which I've always interpreted as being loose. My WTS on the software is only 18-19. So I've been trying to get to the river more but the highest I've ever gotten it was 21.

So my first question is does that WTS=25-30 for a good player sound right, if not what would that range be?

And my second question is what exactly does a 19 WTS value mean in the Poker Elephant software? Is it 19% of the time I'm in the hand I go to showdown?

Thanks in advance for any help on my questions!
  • 2 replies
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Sample size?
    • rarama
      rarama
      Bronze
      My sample size is about 11,000 hands, even if I reduce the sample size to my last 7500 hands my WTS is only 19.

My VPIP, PFA, AF are in line to what I want, but that WTS value really confuses me especially when I read that article that the WTS should be 25-30. I wish I kept the link of the article but I can't find it anymore. I know I shouldn't believe everything online but it seemed like a reputable poker website.