$100.00
      SB:
      $100.00
      BB:
      $101.50
      MP2:
      $26.40

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $3.50, CO folds, Hero calls $3.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($8.5) 4, J, K (2 players)
      MP3 bets $6.00, Hero raises to $15.00, MP3 calls $9.00.

Turn: ($38.5) Q (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $26.50, MP3 raises to $81.50(All-In), Hero calls $55.00(All-In).

River: ($201.5) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $201.5.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks(K J).
      MP3 shows two pairs, kings and fours(9 K).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and jacks(K J).

So here was me; playing NL25; after losing a couple of buyins (1 unavoidable; set over set; the others I have evaluated and could have folded earlier streets) I did what everyone should NOT do and went to NL100 with the sole intention of losing my bankroll it seems ($750ish). I sat down at 3 tables (only 3 going tonight with spaces) and sat and looked for the weak looking players; one of which was the villian in this hand.

Now, under normal circumstances, ie non tilted rational minded thinking and without a read on villian (losing player; -8b100/10k+hands @ nl25+ / 69 / 38 over 28 hands) how does your play look on this hand?

For example; versus a tighter player I would contemplate a fold alot of the time here, KQ / KJ / 44 / QQ / QJ / KK / JJ are all in his raising range obviously but so is alot of trash. If he had a set here, I think he'd make that exact same play and it could well be what he was trying to represent but I tank called based on situation anyway and managed to turn a negative session into a positive. I really think hands like this are my biggest leaks; I am a sucker for paying off sets with 2pair / flatting streets with TPTK vs weak opponents and them showing down a set; and if I could tighten that up my winrate would be so much more substantial 4.15bb/100 over 14,000 hands atm.
  • 3 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      After you bet on the turn, I think you have to call this one off given the odds you're getting. Two many pair + draw hands in his range and with his stats he has a pretty wide range anyway.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      against that player I snap call. easy as.

I think maybe you got phased cos its 100NL? Play within BRM and calls like this should be easy
    • karmi
      karmi
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input guys, I guess it was purely the money making me think differently. I need to get out of the habit of letting the bet sizes/stakes affecting my play to such an extent. For some reason, I have always had a thing about regarding pot bets as alot more strength then 2/3, same with 4x pre as opposed to 3x / 3.5x.

Went back to NL25 today, 1000 hands +$134 in 1h or so; ran pretty nicely; have started overbetting/shoving rivers in better spots now and am getting paid out of it generously. Alot of guys just HOLDING on, with a KQ type hand on a Kxxxx board who are willing to pay off a pot shove/overbet on the river. Love it!

My stats @ NL25 over 11k hands are: 17.3vpip / 14.9 pfr / 3.5 agg /3.4 3bet and up $295.40 + $74.30 of rakeback = $369.70. Doesnt seem like alot for 11k hands work, but I have been improving my game a hell of alot, started at 4tables of NL25 and just thinking about everything, every bet and scenario in more detail and still only 8 tabling now to try increase any 'edge' I might have. One thing to note is there is ALOT of fishy regs at NL25, by this I mean losing regs and I have notes on all of them! I am certainly no shark, but I can exploit these players with ease! :P

Is it me or is NL25 alot softer on FT then NL10? I mean, I beat NL10 with a small winrate + rake over a larger sample but NL25 just SEEMS softer; certainly alot easier for my style of play but cant comment too much over just an 11k sample I guess; got 46,000 of NL10 playing part time and can honestly say I never want to ever have to return to this limit, going busto is no option!