[NL2-NL10] NL5: Overpair vs AI

• Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $10,06
      Hero:
      $4,96

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:club: , Q:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0,04.
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0,28, Hero raises to $0,85, 6 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,57.

Flop: ($1,80) 2:club: , 6:diamond: , J:club: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1,30, UTG+2 raises to $9,21 (All-In), Hero raises to $4,11 (All-In)

Figured that KK and AA was unlikely, since he would mos likely reraise me preflop, JJ was possible and AJ too, maybe AK/AQ or some strange combinations which happens only on these limits :) . Had decent odds, and figured a call was the better option.

Any comments?
      Mugge
  • 5 replies
    • AtonalMonk
      AtonalMonk
      Bronze
      I would fold that hand. I'd put him on a strong made hand, re-raising to protect against the flush draw.

Most likely JJ, or a slow played AA or KK. If he was on a flush draw he would probably just call the flop bet. Only hand you'd be ahead against that he might push with is A :club: J :club:
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mugge88!

Nice hand! I would have played it nearly the same. I would have bet slightly more on the flop ($1.60) and also would have called an all-in. The pot is big and he can easily have a flushdraw or AJ, KJ, QJ. If he has a better hand: so be it. But you cannot fold here.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtonalMonk
      I would fold that hand. I'd put him on a strong made hand, re-raising to protect against the flush draw.

Most likely JJ, or a slow played AA or KK. If he was on a flush draw he would probably just call the flop bet. Only hand you'd be ahead against that he might push with is A :club: J :club:
      or 23o as it turned out he had... Instanoted :)

Anyway another overpair hand showed up, will post in in a new thread in a sec,

thanks for the replies,
      Mugge
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      At NL5 and NL10, it's an instacall.
      Sometimes lose, most of the times you win.
    • AtonalMonk
      AtonalMonk
      Bronze
      That's true, guess i over-thought the hand somewhat. And i hadn't considered the fact that you've already committed almost half your stack to the pot.