NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($116)
      BB ($27)
      UTG ($59.75)
      UTG+1 ($65.35)
      Hero ($63.45)
      BTN ($70.95)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:heart:

UTG raises to $1.75, fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $4.25

FLOP ($12.75) 2:club: 2:heart: J:heart:

UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($16.75) 2:club: 2:heart: J:heart: 8:diamond:

UTG bets $16.75, Hero raises to $33.50, UTG calls $16.75

RIVER ($83.75) 2:club: 2:heart: J:heart: 8:diamond: A:club:

UTG bets $18.25 (AI), Hero calls $18.25

villain obvious fish: 59/23/7, 39 hs.
      I think when villain pots turn, after minbetting flop he is trying to get value from underpairs, and I actually put him sQuarely on AJ. (I think he min bets flop to find out where he is). I think a raise is correct on turn to try to induce a shove from that hand, since I am 99% sure im ahead but K/Q/ :heart: on river may slow him down.

When villain donk shoves river I am expecting to see AJ a huge amount of the time. Having played the hand correctly to make villain make $10 mistake on turn, should we actually fold river? Or do we pay him off so he will make same mistake again? :rolleyes:
  • 5 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello!

I am not really sure about just calling on the flop. Its not the most dangerous board and you have the K of hearts, but he still could be on a flush draw, and given that he is a fish he will probably call a raise with a J for sure and maybe even some underpairs. I don't see why you should let him see another card so cheap, and would probably just raise it up right there.

If you go for a raise on the turn I think I would just shove, he will probably call with anything he would come over the top with anyway - I don't think you need to try anything fancy.

As played, the river sucks but I don't think you can fold to an $18 bet into an $83 pot, and he will also probably be bluffing sometimes as well and show Jx or a busted draw.

Anyway this is coming from a guy who gets stacked by fish all day long but thats my opinion. :f_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tim64,

Why not to raise his flop donk? Perfect spot to balance our lines. Just raise it up, otherwise I am just shipping the money on turn, don't like the minraise and then shipping the rest on river while we have only small amount left.

Best regards.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      hmmm.

Problem as I see it is that pot on turn after villains bet is $33.50. If we ship, villain has invested only 1/3 of his stack ($20.5) and may be able to fold top pair when he is asked to invest another 80bb (2/3 of his stack) since we are clearly repping a very strong hand.

If we minraise, villain may think we are on flush draw or that we have nothing and decide he has best hand. Obv, we have to get the money in on any river if we take this line.

On flop I agree that just flatting is not best as villain can draw too cheaply.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      min-raise give him odds to chase his draws and if he is potting he isn´t really folding too often, so I´d likely just shove turn before scared card comes
      Also I´d raise flop to 7$ to build bigger pot and get all the money in on the river
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok guys... misplayed it seems :rolleyes:

Thanks